Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ovh

Mr. UKTV BT Rep: +1
    Please Delete This Thread!
    Last edited by kareemamir; 08-06-2008 at 12:03 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    BANNED BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    if ur gona get gbit then ubuntu desktop running utorrent with wine is fine.
    i have had around 60mb down and around 40mb up.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    fatcat69's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    i use fedora + wine + utorrent on my kimi with no issues.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Not to spam this thread, but how much bandwidth can you realistically use on a 100Mbit box in a month with OVH? How about with a 1Gbit box? Is there any worry of getting shutdown if you use too much bandwidth?

Thanks!

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    crumble6's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by .:Him:. View Post
    Not to spam this thread, but how much bandwidth can you realistically use on a 100Mbit box in a month with OVH? How about with a 1Gbit box? Is there any worry of getting shutdown if you use too much bandwidth?
    1Gbit is overkill really. Unless of course you are an uploader on multiple trackers and have reliable 0 day access.

I have the old OVH kimsufi (256mb RAM) running ubuntu and rtorrent, and even that hits 10Mb/s on well leeched torrents. I am upgrading to the kimsufi 08 in 3 days, will see how much difference the 1gb RAM makes.

As for getting shutdown... there is no real limit on bandwidth, however I have heard if your monthly usage goes above 10TB then they look into what your box is being used for. My guess is if they find copyrighted material on there then they are going to take action. You could easily hit 10TB a month with a Gbit box, and you could probably even manage it with a 100Mbit. I am a reasonably light bittorrent user yet I still manage to hit 4TB per month, and thats not counting the bandwidth I use to FTP stuff to my home PC.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    TidusBlade's Avatar Watermelon Knight BT Rep: +3
    If you want me advise, if I had a 1Gbit server, I'd go with a Linux distro your comfortable with + rTorrent, I just find the combination better than others...
    And about bandwidth, I've heard they start getting suspicious when your above 6 - 8TB/month, but some people get away with 15TB+ and some people get shutdown at a few TB...

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    bittornado is really reasource intensive....

go with rtorrent and if you NEED a webui go with wtorrent ( http://www.wtorrent-project.org/trac/ )

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    crumble6's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by yayyyyyy View Post
    go with rtorrent and if you NEED a webui go with wtorrent ( http://www.wtorrent-project.org/trac/ )
    I might check that out myself. I don't often need a webui, but when I am at college they block SSH. I can still FTP the torrent files, so I can start a new download, but I cant get on to change settings/check download status, etc. Thx for link.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    BANNED BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    i used 16tb on a gbit in 1 month and no letters/emails ftom them
    if you use to much on the 100mbit they will put u on nosla mode.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    TidusBlade's Avatar Watermelon Knight BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by crumble6 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by yayyyyyy View Post
    I might check that out myself. I don't often need a webui, but when I am at college they block SSH.
    You can try changing the SSH port to something random like 43552 and try again? That's probably only gonna work if they block port SSH port 22 and not the protocol itself?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast