Thread: Question About Seeding On Multiple Trackers

I use uTorrent, and it has the option to add labels on your torrents so that you can organize them more efficiently. I was just wondering, is it possible to seed the same torrent on two trackers simultaneously?

For example, if I have a torrent listed under What.cd, and Waffles offers the same torrent on their site, is there some way to let it seed on both trackers?

Thank You.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    duno if it works but u cud try paste the tracker url into the other torrent like ur what announce url into the waffles one but most of time it dont wrk.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Sanka113's Avatar Bobsled King BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    You will have to turn off the feature that allows the labels to designate where the completed file is placed.I personally turn the function on and off on a consistent basis. Also, if you know the file is going to be one thats popular on several trackers it might be best to not give it a label at all.
    See ya in another life, brother.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    GOIN' MACH 5!!
    you have to download the waffles torrent.

i think, not sure though, if you have multiple urls in a single torrent, is counts as cheating since stats get reported to all trackers or something like that.
    looking for ScT

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by robotpirate View Post
    you have to download the waffles torrent.

i think, not sure though, if you have multiple urls in a single torrent, is counts as cheating since stats get reported to all trackers or something like that.
    yeah it does

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Winnydapoo
    it can and besides lots of times it wont properly report

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    slimdogp's Avatar Token White Kid BT Rep: +1
    Ok.. so you go to what.cd download the album, are seeding it.. everything is normal.

If you want to seed the same thing on waffles, you have to *download the torrent from waffles* when it asks you where you want to save the data, point it to the directory where the album is already located. It will hash check it, and if the data matches **exactly** it will be seeding on both trackers.

Often times it will mismatch by a few pieces (or so utorrent will think) but usually you can seed two locations with the same data without a problem. 3 or more trackers tends to create a problem.

The safer and more trouble free way is to copy the album into a new folder on your HD (so essentially you have two copies of it on your disk) then download the torrent from waffles and point it to download into the new folder containing the copy of the data.

This usually works well with scene releases, as the data is always the same. Remember, just because you have a v0 rip of pink floyd - the wall (or whatever) from what, doesn't mean the v0 rip of the wall on waffles is the same. The data has to match EXACTLY.. this includes file size, file name, and 100% data match.

Good Luck

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by munaaf View Post
    duno if it works but u cud try paste the tracker url into the other torrent like ur what announce url into the waffles one but most of time it dont wrk.
    I've tried this too and I wish it would work but on private trackers at least you'll get "this torrent is not registered"--so ya, just download the torrent from both sites...you'll have two instances of it in utorrent which you can organize with the labels. It's definitely one of the easiest and most efficient things you can do to increase your ratio