Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I'm A Little Bored, So...

Poster
    I don't really remember the 0-60 times but my best speed was 125 mph with a 410-1 rear gear running on bridgestones at about 20 lbs pressure. With that year GTO it's almost impossible to get a decent tire under the fenders without tubbing it and I didn't want to do that. I was actually disqualified for not having a roll bar, NHRA approved harmonic balancer, and forged axles.
    The axles and balancer I would have done but not the roll bar. At anything below 11.99 et you need a roll bar. Below 10.99 it's a roll cage.
    They do have old timers and street shoot outs once in a while but the slips don't count for anything.

2. Lounge   -   #32
    Originally posted by balamm@15 August 2003 - 08:47
    I don't really remember the 0-60 times but my best speed was 125 mph with a 410-1 rear gear running on bridgestones at about 20 lbs pressure. With that year GTO it's almost impossible to get a decent tire under the fenders without tubbing it and I didn't want to do that. I was actually disqualified for not having a roll bar, NHRA approved harmonic balancer, and forged axles.
    The axles and balancer I would have done but not the roll bar. At anything below 11.99 et you need a roll bar. Below 10.99 it's a roll cage.
    They do have old timers and street shoot outs once in a while but the slips don't count for anything.
    sounds pretty good

shame about the nhra situation, it's a pain having to have the roll bar/cage

here's a little article about the 0-100-0 i was talking about earlier

i hadn't noticed how long the cobra held the record before i read this
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

3. Lounge   -   #33
    Poster
    11.44 to 100 and back to 0? that is quick. I wouldn&#39;t have thought the cobra could stop like that with a 427 in the front end. The weight ratio on those cars was horrible.

4. Lounge   -   #34
    it was the r500 that did the test in 11.44, the cobra took 12.4 secs

still extremely impressive for 1965 though

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

5. Lounge   -   #35
    Poster
    My daughter is coming to visit tommorow and she takes care of all my filing, she has a photographic memory&#33; Makes up for my aging brain lol.
    I&#39;ll get her to dig up what she can and see if we can get it scanned. I wouldn&#39;t mind doing some cropping and cleanup on the pictures anyway and then I&#39;ll post a few.

6. Lounge   -   #36
    sounds good

looking forward to seeing some more pics

7. Lounge   -   #37
    lynx's Avatar .
    I&#39;ve seen reports of the possibility of a production Cerbera S12, though how reliable these reports are remains to be seen, but with 0-60 in 2.9 seconds (I think 0-100 was about 6 seconds) this car would certainly smash the 0-100-0 record.

I wish I could remember where I saw these figures, I know it was in a magazine which had a list including hp/ton, and I scanned the list to find the highest.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

8. Lounge   -   #38
    Originally posted by lynx@15 August 2003 - 11:10
    I&#39;ve seen reports of the possibility of a production Cerbera S12, though how reliable these reports are remains to be seen, but with 0-60 in 2.9 seconds (I think 0-100 was about 6 seconds) this car would certainly smash the 0-100-0 record.

I wish I could remember where I saw these figures, I know it was in a magazine which had a list including hp/ton, and I scanned the list to find the highest.
    i&#39;m sure it&#39;d be near the top of such a list...over 900bhp (940 at 7,200rpm, with more to come) in a car weighing 1150kg leads to more than 800bhp/tonne

kind of makes the current fastest production car (mclaren f1) with 627bhp and weighing 1137kg (550bhp/tonne) a little bit silly

it also makes the bugatti veyron (estimated 984bhp, estimates of 1400kg (702bhp/tonne) look slow

however, bhp/tonne isn&#39;t always the most telling factor, as the Dauer 962 "only" has a power to weight ratio of 675bhp/tonne (730bhp, 1080kg), however, its race-bred technology and huge rear tyres means it can hit 60 in 2.6 seconds and top out at 250mph

pretty impressive

9. Lounge   -   #39
    lynx's Avatar .
    The list was alphabetical, but it certainly had the highest power/weight ratio, note this was the Cerbera S12 not the original Speed 12. I believe they had trimmed a little off the weight too, giving a figure over 850bhp/tonne.

Hate to think what they could do if they started tuning that engine :&#39;(
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

10. Lounge   -   #40
    I drive a folkswagen (I dont know anything about cars)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast