Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: What Trackers have you given up on?

Disme's Avatar I'm Belgian BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by VillageShaman View Post
    As for Disme, I seem to read you saying you wouldnt make a request for a tracker because that would make you seem desperate, and yet I saw in Feeling's GA your entry - you wouldn't call that effort to get into a tracker? Does that fall into your "being offered" category?

I can post a link to the thread if your memory is faulty.
    My memory isn' faulty at all, but I guess your language skills might be. I was under the impression you were rather skilled when it comes to the English language.

I specifically stated I don't request any invites because I feel this is like begging. Where did you see me posting a request for an invite. To my knowledge i just reacted to an offer someone (in casu Feeling) made.
    By request I point towards the posts made here at the board that usually start with [REQ] and mostly include ... 'my first request', 'I did a lot for this community', 'my last request', 'my retirement request', etc... I guess you do know what I mean.

If you check my post history you should read it more carefully and take your time for it. If you do you'll see that I've acquired all my invites here at FST like that, by replying to a post where some member offers an invite to someone they see fit.

You could say I am to blame for putting some effort into my reactions but if you check my post history once again you'll see I value the fact members put effort into convincing a member giving away an invite.

Was I waiting/craving for an invite at ScT: NO.
    Would I have been sorry if I wouldn't have gotten it: NO.
    Was it my dream to get into ScT: NO.
    Is an invite to a tracker the highlight of my day/week/month/life: NO.
    Do I mock the peeps with titles and sigs in which they state their socalled 'dreams': YES.
    Do I show off with my Bt-rep: NO (because I don't feel the need to showoff with it in front of other members, with the sole purpose of acquiring higher level invites.
    Do i do public GA's: NO (apart from the initial 2 that included one GA to a tracker that had open signups and one ST-music invite)

I have helped people on this board and have never asked them something in return. I've never sent even one PM requesting a favour to some of the people I helped here)

I did write extensive PM's to members that offered me an invite in private, to reassure them that by inviting me they wouldn't make a mistake by inviting me.

I hope you understand better now what I stand for and what I meant by my post here earlier. If you have any more questions, shoot. I'll be glad to answer them.

Can you feel the LOVE

2. BitTorrent   -   #62
    The Flying Cow's Avatar windowlicker BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Fair enough, you make a solid case.

I still think that your participation in the ScT GA required the same amount of effort I did making an ScT request. I didn't say it was my dream, or that it was my retirement req, either. I also wasn't crawling for it, just making my interest known.

As for your morals and chivalrous attitudes, I have no doubt about them

Cheers

3. BitTorrent   -   #63
    Disme's Avatar I'm Belgian BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Fair enough, you make a solid case.
    Thx.

I still think that your participation in the ScT GA required the same amount of effort I did making an ScT request. I didn't say it was my dream, or that it was my retirement req, either. I also wasn't crawling for it, just making my interest known.
    I never expressed any personal feelings in regard to your request. But I have seen so much requests that involve the writing of one single sentence like: 'I need that-tracker', that I've grown a little sceptic towards that kind of invite-begging.

I might pull things out of their context and exaggerate a little, but that is only because some people only understand that kind of speech. Especially the ones making requests, and not putting any effort in it or being here for only one month ... what makes it clear to me that if you can't even put any effort in your request/application for a GA, how can youexpect to convince other people that you will act otherwise once you join that tracker.

As for your morals and chivalrous attitudes, I have no doubt about them
    That's something that comes with age and wisdom

Cheers
    Can you feel the LOVE

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567