Thread: Convert to 2xdvd5

respect's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    Hi,

First of all, I don't know if I can make this question here, if I can't please sorry for the inconvenient :S
    I have this games turok-razor1911 12.11gb and rainbow.six.las.vegas.2-Reload 4.79gb and I really need convert these to make 2xdvd5 or just 1 on the case of rainbox six, and 3xdvd5 on the case of Turok.

Thanks

2. Games   -   #2
    spidey99's Avatar Nolaloth BT Rep: +1
    well, you can rar the iso into two parts, each of them in the size of 4.3 gb, i personally burn them by this method...

3. Games   -   #3
    But if you burn this way,how you install the game? You need to extrack all the game for the pc?

4. Games   -   #4
    yes, you can also try to delete unwanted extras from the dvd, like language files etc. but i don't recommend it, as you can corrupt the image file...

5. Games   -   #5
    But there is a problem, these 2 games that I'm trying to burn, they have one rar that is bigger that the dvd5 :X

6. Games   -   #6
    so, you don't know how to use winrar?

7. Games   -   #7
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    why not just mount the images on a virtual drive, and install from that.

Daemon Tools is the one of choice but there are a few more programmes out there that have virtual drives.

this way you do not have to burn at all. just mount, install, copy *****, play.

8. Games   -   #8
    well, he is asking how to burn dvd9 games on dvd5 medias, to store them...

9. Games   -   #9
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Quote Originally Posted by respect View Post
    But if you burn this way,how you install the game? You need to extrack all the game for the pc?
    not trying to pick an argument here, but this line states to me that he wants to burn them to install them.

If its installing, then mount the images.

If its backing up and you do not have a DVD DL burner and DL media, then you will need to rar them up into seperate archives. like the poster before me stated.

whichever he wants to do, he has both answers now

10. Games   -   #10
    Ok I admit that I'm not a great rar user, but I can make it on this method.
    But what I want to know is how can I make fit these games on 1 or 2 dvd5, but not using these method, such using rar. For example, on another game, I see on another forum, how divide/delete to make 2xdvd5 and to not need to extract then for the computer, when we install, he stop the installation saying that the one file is missing, and we put the second dvd and he install again, is like make 2 iso, understand?

And off course that I'm asking for store then

edit: Ok, I think that the rainbow Six is done.
    edit2: Is not working, there are one rar that isn't fit on dvd5 and I can't extract and open the rar, he keep saying that the "archives is not found". This rar I extract from the original ISO
    Last edited by respect; 06-03-2008 at 11:59 PM.