Thread: FTP Help

Poster BT Rep: +4
    I have an ovh seedbox and im wanting to transfer a 40gb file over ftp but for some reason any ftp program i use chops the larger files down for example there is a 23gb file but filezilla and cuteftp chop the file down to 3gb.

Is there something i need to change to be able to transfer large files.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Raban's Avatar Poaster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    dude that is not a good way to transfer ... i dunno what the problem is BUT you shouldn't be transferring like that in the first place...

use "rar" and chop it into 40 one gig pieces it will be a much better way to move it and easier to fix if you get errors in any of the individual rars

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Poster BT Rep: +4
    Ok, thanks for the info, im gonna split them into smaller parts.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    DKre8ive1's Avatar L0st N S0und BT Rep: +2
    Like it was said break it down to smaller pieces and I am not sure if you have seen this but there is a pretty good tutorial on using FTP by fatcat69 and you could find it here-> https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-gui...ver-ssl-276623

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by speighty View Post
    Ok, thanks for the info, im gonna split them into smaller parts.
    And make sure you select store and not best or fastest compression mode, makes it 10 times quicker to split into RARs.

And then ensure you have multiple connections (9 is a good number) and multiple threads/threading available in your FTP client, which will max out your home connection when FTPing back.
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!