Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is this END of windows XP

maverick_andy's Avatar broken heart... BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    after reading it from microsoft website. Just felt little bit curious about, are they really goind to stop selling the stand alone XP from June 30,2008 onwards and ending windows XP support till 2014

"After careful consultation with our customers and industry partners, we've decided to proceed with our plan to phase out Windows XP in June. It'll be a long goodbye . We plan to provide support for Windows XP until 2014.

what wil happen to windows XP after June 30th? I'm confused

In industry speak, this is called "end-of-sales." On June 30, Microsoft will stop distributing Windows XP as a stand-alone product that you can buy shrink-wrapped in the store. We'll also stop sending it to Dell, HP, Lenovo and all the other major PC manufacturers to sell on their PCs.
    That said, Windows XP isn't going to disappear overnight.
    You may still see copies of the software—or computers pre-loaded with it—for months, as stores and PC makers work through their inventory. Also, smaller local PC makers—known in the industry as "system builders"—can continue to sell PCs with Windows XP until January 2009.
    Finally, Microsoft recently announced that computers with limited hardware capabilities—devices sometimes called Netbooks or ultra-low cost PCs (ULCPC)—can carry Windows XP Home until June 2010."

what will be my Pentium III PC's future
    I've learned that it takes years to build up trust,
    and it only takes suspicion, not proof, to destroy it.

I am proud to be a part of this communities.FSC|FST

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    spidey99's Avatar Nolaloth BT Rep: +1
    what i understood from the article is that, they will stop selling xp after june 30th, but companies that are in touch with microsoft about xp, will be able to use it on their newly released pcs. so, you can still use your p3 pc for a long time.

another note, i have been testing vista for a long time, and i can say that, with 2gbs of ram i didn't ever need xp from the side of performance.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    fOrUmAs's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75
    who cares what will happend,i will stay on xp for long time

i have been on vista for 2 months almost and didint like much

xp for ever

but yea wrong section

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    DanielleD87's Avatar bunny
    everyone will just have to migrate to osx *grins*

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    I wait windows seven.it must will be awesome.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    DanielleD87's Avatar bunny
    windows 7 is touch screen so something tells me it will not work on current comps out today and will need 100% new hardware for it.

in other words, for your current computer it isn't going to get any better :/

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    PRINCE's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    i dont like vista
    xp in my opinion the best
    and i will use it 4 ever

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    JROQuinn's Avatar Rev. Maynard BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielleD87 View Post
    windows 7 is touch screen so something tells me it will not work on current comps out today and will need 100% new hardware for it.

in other words, for your current computer it isn't going to get any better :/
    thats great...they want to make u spend money....I dont even like touchscreen....I hate the lil touch screen keypads at walmart & other stores...pain in the ass

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    ukgenius's Avatar Genius :) BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Yep touchscreen are soooo annoying. Am i the only person here who is considering moving to the mac rather than see Microsoft take my money with Vista?

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    I already have an older g4 mac. So I wouldn't be opposed to moving strictly to mac. I'm also fairly interested in seeing how reactos ends up.

I have a laptop that came with vista preinstalled, but i'm running xp on it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast