Thread: Help me figure out why my burner shit the bed :(

deuce6000's Avatar Go Giants!! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Well I don't know what happened but the other day i popped in a dvd and tried to burn a movie and it wouldn't work.I tried to burn that movie 3 times with no luck then tried another movie 2 times with the same result.The funny thing(Well Not Really) is that the fricken thing still burns music cd's fine but it wont burn dvd's at all.Also when i press the open button sometimes it won't open until like the third time i press it.

So do any of you know what could possibly be wrong.It has been real tight for me money wise lately with gas and all that crap or i would just spend another 40 bucks and get a new one.It is a A-Open burner and they have never released any new firmware besides the one i have so i can't try that.Could a dvd lens cleaner help or is that useless seeing as it burns cd's?Any help would be great,thanks!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    lynx's Avatar .
    "It doesn't work" tells us nothing.

Glad to see you got one of the brands well known for quality burners - Aopen.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Fuckin server just ate my reply.

Stripped of the florid verbiage and snark it basically boiled down to "Replace the drive".
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    We need the model of the burner. What do you mean no firmware released!? A quick google search gave me tons like these

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    DKre8ive1's Avatar L0st N S0und BT Rep: +2
    I would suggest you go check out the CDfreaks Forums if you don't get an answer here since they have quite a lot of info on these kind of things.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    deuce6000's Avatar Go Giants!! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    I just bought a new one today so no need thanks anyway guys.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    If you didn't live at the North Pole I'd ask you to send it to me so I could see if I could fix it.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Maybe he could have Santa drop it off.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    December it is then!