Thread: Maileet Its Out!

Maileet – new and unique way to transfer files.
    posted by Anonymous on August 14, 2003 @ 03:34am

Scoop: A new program called Maileet is promising a new and simple way to transfer any file size even behind the meanest firewall. Maileet (Mail + Leet), The principle behind Maileet is quite simple; it cuts any file size into little segments (2Megs max) and uses a mail server (SMTP/POP3) to transfer them to the peers. Since virtually every computer accepts emails, regardless of the firewall configuration, the file will be received by virtually any computer. On the receiver side, Maileet client downloads the segments and combines them back.
    Maileet got some very interesting advantages:

* Firewalls - Send and receive files even if you are behind the meanest firewall.

* File Size - Maileet can transfer any file size to its recipients. Even if your Mailbox size is tiny, Maileet cuts the file into small segments and manages the transfer. The recipient's client will download the file segment by segment.

* One Upload Multi Downloads - Maileet inherits one of the best properties of the email service. You can send a file to many recipients with only one single upload. Sending a file to your associates has never been easier.

* Speed - Maileet zips each segment before it sends it. The upload and download are from your ISP so speeds are quite good.

* Bandwidth - Many ISPs don't count the bandwidth you take when you access your mail box, so if you got a bandwidth limit on downloads, Maileet is ideal.

Read more about Maileet on Maileet.com

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Arm's Avatar Poster
    That sounds like a real inefficient way of file-sharing.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    That sounds like a real inefficient way of file-sharing

yeah i dont see the point in this program.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    This is just a file transfering program. Not a p2p program. Right? Too lazy to check it out. I mean I have a piece of software that'll split my files into pieces it's only 5kb. Fine Split @ http://www.tinyapps.org/file.html

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Arm's Avatar Poster
    And you can also split up files using Winrar which is way better then Winzip.