Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Reporter Seeking File Sharing Interviews

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Me me.....I want my 15 Minutes.He can even call my house and talk on the Phone.Have my address and come on over......will show him how us Professionals do this shit.

But I will only do it as long as I get a snap shot of myself in the Paper for the Ladies.

You want a Story you contact FC buddy. B)

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    I'm not interested in this on-the-record stuff, but my answers are no, yes, and hell yes.

Edit:
    I'm looking for people to interview about this and interview on the record. My question is, "Has this action deterred you from using such software?"

Our policy is to only talk to people on-the-record. Also, we do not want to know if you use KaZaA. Just your opinions on this issue.
    wouldn't answering that question tell whether or not we use Kazaa?
    "No, it hasn't deterred me from using it...uh...not that I have any idea what it even looks like."

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    This is the answer to your question. If your not sharing then your leeching so leave now..........

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    People - if this guy is a reporter - you can clairify this by calling the phone numbers. Also - if he is a reporter - he can not be compelled to disclose his sources so do not freak about getting busted. This could be a very good thing - because as far as I know no one has ever given a serious shiat about what we have to say in print.

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Poster
    i'll give u a interview.. but i'm from UK .. pm if interested
    ice ice baby

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    internet.news
    hello,

is you want to ask me any question feel free to ask me openly,
    I will try to help you as far as I can:

What I also wanted to mention is that, although I understand the copyright issues
    well, we have to share our thoughts openly to understand each other better,
    also OFFLINE and also if it is difficult sometimes :) and it is indeed :)

Ok, I give you an example that came in my mind, but there are many examples
    of your sharing your thoughts openly in everyday life to understand each other better: e.g. a man and a woman which are angry about themselves and never talk and share their thoughts openly -> could probably lead to kill each other or to beat each other which I understand also cause they are humans only, but it is sad.
    => If they share they thoughts openly, they could probably prevent themselves from taking violent actions depending on missunderstanding each other and understand each other better :)

just an idea, but if you have a magazine or possibility to write of the importance of sharing your thoughts openly with each other for a better understanding ALSO OFFLINE!!!! that is quite more important :) WRITE ABOUT IT :) BUT PLEASE SERIOUSLY :) Look on Israel - Palestinia - I think they - the governments, not all people there are some different ones :) - did not share all their thoughts openly

thanks anyway, david.

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    This is Greg Wright at Gannett News Service:

First of all, thanks for the posts and the e-mails, especially from FAETHE who took the time to send me such a long and detailed e-mail. Also, thanks to the anonymous guy who called me and told me to look back at the message board.

I will be talking to my editors and asking them if I can use alias names posted at the message board. They may allow me to do so, provided I get a real name and contact number of the people I communicate with. This information is private and reporters do not have to reveal their sources. I don't want to get anyone in trouble.

So far, I've interviewed lawyers at the Electronic Freedom Foundation, who have given me great on-the-record viewpoints from filesharers. They are representing several people who have been named in the RIAA lawsuit, but cannot reveal these people because they want to remain private until the legal battle forces them to reveal themselves. I can understand that.

I also talked with officials at Boston University, who are fighting to keep from revealing the names of filesharers to the RIAA. And of course I've talked with the RIAA. So the story is shaping up.

Another angle of my story is looking at what is happening in Congress, because this is definitely shaping up into a war. Two lawmakers have introduced a bill to make it a criminal offense to file share while others want to protect the privacy of users. So this is turning into a mess.

Again, thanks for the posts.

Greg Wright
    Gannett News Service
    202-906-8113

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    It's no bother for any of us to answer questions like this; fact is that there's not many reporters asking the filesharing world for our opinions, so it's a refreshing change to help out with.

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    sheldonm
    Wonder how long it is until someone gets jailed for taping Eastenders, Jerry Springer or Neighbours off the telly......LOL That would take the piss.

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Any of our American friends tell us whether this ever reached the papers, and which slant the story took?

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast