Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Santrex Seedboxes

hey slayer i'll get a slot for sure but not before the 15th september, i'm afraid as i go on holiday before

2. BitTorrent   -   #52
    gold24's Avatar israel forever BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    from users here with santrex what server did u ahve the best uploads speed?

3. BitTorrent   -   #53
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by gold24 View Post
    from users here with santrex what server did u ahve the best uploads speed?
    I was on many different servers and switched around a lot. You won't get better than 100kbp/s up. Maybe more if your lucky.

4. BitTorrent   -   #54
    thats a shame , coz u pay 29$ for basic package.. Better to take vpn service for 4-8$ and seed from home this way.

5. BitTorrent   -   #55
    29 $ = ~ 20 Euro, on our website 22 Euro can buy a server shared with 3 other people (max 4 people on the server), with Santrex it's more than 8. That's why you cannot expect good speed.

6. BitTorrent   -   #56
    Santrex is terrible! Everyone stay away from them. I have the regular torrent flux package ($29) and it has been down 8 times in 2 months for around 2-3 days at a time causing me to be banned from several trackers. I do get about 2MB/s up speed though and I feel sorry for those stuck with 100KB/s. I keep getting the run around and they will not move me to a different server.Every support ticket I open takes more than 7 hours to recieve a response. The worst thing is they DONT GIVE REFUNDS!!! Thats never a good sign. And for those who say "You set up the seedbox wrong", how could I? They're already set up. I have several other seedboxes with different hosts and they are all better than Santrex.They get better speeds, support, uptime,space,everything. This will definitely be the last month I use their service.

7. BitTorrent   -   #57
    LeeCheR BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by xGeNeSisx View Post
    I can't help but feel the same way. We are in their irc asking for a refund and support. They are complete shit, here is my review:

1. Santrex

Review: Signed up for uTorrent in US, got a box in France. Download speeds was complete crap at less than 1mb/s and upload never reaching more than 50kbp/s. Their support "team" is terrible and not afraid to insult their users and make them look like complete idiots. They blame poor speeds on routing and poor trackers. Well, I guess TL, What, RevTT, PTN, and SCC are complete s*** trackers ? My home connection is faster and more reliable than this hosting provider. After complaining about speeds, I was moved to a Torrentflux box. The admin was all over me asking if it was ok and would not leave me alone. Transfers die, slow speeds, and stuck transfers were just a few of the problems.

Recommended: No, stay away. Their support is a joke, it is virtually non-resistant. Terrible speeds, service, reliability.

Rating: 1/10
    like you says guys, "Terrible speeds".
    The support is good, all you need is not 40 staffs , you need speed!
    Stay away from them!(im hosting my site there.)

8. BitTorrent   -   #58
    my speeds with santrex have been fine, unfortunately, the server likes to commit suicide on a daily basis at the moment
    Hosting-IE VPS vs OVH Dedi
    vs

9. BitTorrent   -   #59
    N0tEntered
    I use utorrrent on Santrex and can get 6-10MB down and 1-2 MB up.

Can anyone recommend a better service?

10. BitTorrent   -   #60
    hmm i use their france webui and get 6 MB down 4-5 MB up. im pretty happy, since it was cheap also, only $29.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast