Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thinking about buying a Wii

Poster BT Rep: +1
    For a while now, I have been contemplating buying a Wii. I have 2 kids, one of gaming age, and I more than dabble myself. I am familiar with the Xbox 360 firmware mod, that lets you back up your games, which is a plus, as I am sure my kids are liable to scratch any disk that gets left around. Obviously, there are other advantages. My question... are there similar mods for the Wii? I work on computers for a living, am a musician who likes to fix his own amps, and I am smart enough to learn... but I don't want to do anything to my wii less I am sure I know what I am doing. There is a lot of crap on the web, so I thought I would post here in an effort to weed through the chaff if you will..

Any advice appreciated..

2. Games   -   #2
    wazza100's Avatar Meh BT Rep: +2
    I'd imagine there'd be, not an expert myself on the Wii since I don't have one but I know there are alot of modchips available for the Wii allowing you to save a bucketload aka not having to buy any games. Once you do get the Wii you should check out a couple of the gaming torrent sites lol and are in a pretty good place to find out which ones they are- from the top of my head Blackcatgames, bitgamer etc.

3. Games   -   #3

4. Games   -   #4
    Boutros's Avatar Poser BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Wiinja is the chip that allows you to play backups...not too difficult to solder if you have experience, from memory its about 3 or 4 wires that need to be soldered.

5. Games   -   #5
    dont think bay it now!!

6. Games   -   #6
    Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    i think xbox 360 it's good enough.

7. Games   -   #7
    There are modchip for the wii and if not already the case, solder less option will certainly be available like it have been for ps2 and xbox 1. If i had a few bucks free, I would certainly get one. Biggest install base and GC compatibility is a nice plus. The homebrew scene is quite vibrant too.
    Last edited by Melchior00; 07-13-2008 at 03:48 AM.

8. Games   -   #8
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    The CycloWiz is a soderless option but its description says that you can wire it to the motherboard instead. I don't know anything about modding the Nintendo Wii but I have flashed my 360 and it is very easy to do. Another plus about the Xbox 360 is that it currently dropped to $299.

The Xbox has the better library of games, IMO. The Wii seems pretty weak to me. Unless you are really into casual games or you don't play a lot then the Wii would be a fine choice. The 360 is coming out with a motion controller similar to the Wii, too.
    Last edited by silent h3ro; 07-12-2008 at 11:46 PM.

9. Games   -   #9
    lostdemon's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Buy a 360 instead like suggested above. Games are much better on a 360 and it's easy to mod

10. Games   -   #10
    BANNED BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    I recommend the 360 as well.

I never really liked the Wii..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast