Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which seedbox?

ukgenius's Avatar Genius :) BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    I am looking to get a seedbox. I want a fairly cheap one with unlimited upload speeds. Also unlimited bandwith.

I was looking at a site: http://torrent-core.co.uk/tf.htm which the cheapest option offers everything I want, but I can't order it because I get through to a page saying "No Stock Available".

If anyone else has used this site or any site offering a similar offer, please let me know. Also if i want to get that seedbox from the site above, how should I do so e.g. check at beggining of month etc or is it simply a matter of getting lucky and clicking on the page just as someone has ended their deal with that company

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +4
    Why dont you just get an ovh seedbox, 100mbit connection, 250gb hdd space and unlimited.

Only costs about £24 for the month.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Yep looks good. Thanks.

Anyone else got any other suggestions

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Nope, OVH is the best you will get for your money.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Yes. OVH is the best one, but Vectoral is good too

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Could I ask which option you normally choose for each of them?

RPS II for OVH?

What about for vectoral?

And also I intend to get the seedbox for a few months a year rather than constantly like some may. I have 4 accounts I intend to buffer when using the seednox. How much do you think it is possible to add on the the upload for each account in a month?

Also I have heard about Torrent Flux seedboxes. Does anyone know the difference between a normal one and a torrent flux seedbox?
    Last edited by ukgenius; 06-12-2008 at 01:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    ok - you are on a budget.

Ignore the RPS - they are unstable for seeding - get yourself a KimiSufi [Reloaded] and you are laughing Kitbags.

Now with OvH you can upload at 10MB/s 24/7/365 so how much do you think you can buffer?

On a popular file with a big swarm you should be able to upload 250-350GB a day. [level 1-3 trackers like midnight torrents and revolution]

On the same "popular file" on a higher end tracker you might be luckily to make 100% in the same day.

Be helpful if you told us which sites you want to buffer - and tbh, you might wanna consider being an uploader as the original seed always gets the kudos and the gigs

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Ok. The Kimisufi looks good. Is there really likely to be a big difference between the cheapest and 2nd cheapest option?

Well the accounts I will be buffering are not high level at all. I want to create a buffer of several hundred GB on each so that it will last me a long time. And when that buffer starts running low I will hire a seedbox again.

The accounts I buffer will probably be: Bitsypder, Elbitz, STMusic, SCC and TheVault. I will hire the seedbox for 1 month and intend to create as big buffers on each of these as I can. How big buffers roughly will I be able to create on each of these in 1 month?

As for the seedbox itself, what os do you reccommend and do I need any of the: full security, NFS RAID filer, Incremental Backup, Weekly backup options and do they cost?

Thanks

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by jheavey View Post
    Ok. The Kimisufi looks good. Is there really likely to be a big difference between the cheapest and 2nd cheapest option?

Well the accounts I will be buffering are not high level at all. I want to create a buffer of several hundred GB on each so that it will last me a long time. And when that buffer starts running low I will hire a seedbox again.

The accounts I buffer will probably be: Bitsypder, Elbitz, STMusic, SCC and TheVault. I will hire the seedbox for 1 month and intend to create as big buffers on each of these as I can. How big buffers roughly will I be able to create on each of these in 1 month?

As for the seedbox itself, what os do you reccommend and do I need any of the: full security, NFS RAID filer, Incremental Backup, Weekly backup options and do they cost?

Thanks
    Linux and you do not need any of those options.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by xGeNeSisx View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jheavey View Post

Thanks
    Linux and you do not need any of those options.
    First of all I am unfamiliar with Linux so would you still recommend it? Also the screenshot below shows there are quite a few linux os to choose from. Which on in particular would you recommend?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast