Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who Here Has A Ati Radeon "9500 Pro"

Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by opivykid@15 August 2003 - 19:14
    The 9000 is really good...
    eh?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    What you do is use Omega's Catalyst drivers. link to his website, he is the best driver coder there is

There is an ATI overclocking util built into the installation program. Check out the link.

Built into the install is the option to use the hacked driver. I was doubtful myself about whether this would work or not, as I am a cynic in general.

But after I installed the drivers my pixel fillrates doubled. I was throroughly convinced.

I guess it kind of makes sense Wolfmight, when you think about it, because when ATI manufactures a product, it generally costs more to develop the cheaper product then to simply call the expensive part the cheaper part and sell it for a little less, and disable a few pipelines.

Enjoy, my friend.

B)

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    removed

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Originally posted by adamp2p@15 August 2003 - 17:02
    Nope, no matter what you the least you will be able to get is a 9500 pro out of a 9500. Guaranteed.
    unless the manufacturer decided to go the cheapskate route and install RAM on it that can't handle the clock speed of the Pro.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    They seem to want to make more money by investing a little as possible ..

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC+16 August 2003 - 14:59--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (3RA1N1AC @ 16 August 2003 - 14:59)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-adamp2p@15 August 2003 - 17:02
    Nope, no matter what you the least you will be able to get is a 9500 pro out of a 9500.&nbsp; Guaranteed.
    unless the manufacturer decided to go the cheapskate route and install RAM on it that can&#39;t handle the clock speed of the Pro. [/b][/quote]

Once again mr brainiac, you are not paying very close attention. The clock speeds are exactly the same.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    my bad.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC@17 August 2003 - 07:37
    my bad.
    No harm done, my friend.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    using crappy RAM is the "traditional" way of producing cheaper video cards, but i didn&#39;t realize the Radeon 9500 is an exception to that rule-of-thumb.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    I read on the Rage3d forums that u can overclock a 9500 pro to run close to a 9700 pro.. (you can make the memory and clock faster, but u cant change the memory interface of 128bit.)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast