Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who Here Has A Ati Radeon "9500 Pro"

Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    What would u give it from a scale of 0-10?
    What FPS do u get in games like Splinter Cell, UT2k3, etc?

I've heard this card is faster than the 9600, and only cost around $200.
    Wondering wat some real user comments are for the card.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    Its just a scaledown version of a Radeon 9700, I would spend a few more bucks and get the 9700.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Originally posted by theprisoner@14 August 2003 - 20:29
    Its just a scaledown version of a Radeon 9700, I would spend a few more bucks and get the 9700.
    your talking $150 more for the Radeon 9700 pro.. kinda lot more money. 9800 pro is even more extreme.. $250 more.

Talking "pro" here, not the regulare.

Also i found out 9500 pro has 8 pixel pipelines.. all the geforce cards have only 4. Pretty sweet

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    NO! I have the 9500 non pro, and it performs exactly like the 9500 pro because I activated the 4 idle pixel pipelines.

read about how you can get 97/9800 performance out of the 9500 NON PRO (save serious cash) here

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Hmm you have a point there, but that's modding.

Basicly i think of it this way:

Buying the 9500 has a risk of not getting the "rare" version.

Buying the 9500 pro for the extra money is a guarantee for the higher speed without risk of getting the newer crappy 9500 non-pro that's been patched.

And that 128 to 256 mb interface thing.. causes problems in some games it said.

hehe, i read about the ATI Radeon 9600 and how it's even worse than the 9500. man, what's up with ATI on those 2 versions.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Well Wolfmight, it appears you are not reading very carefully. If you would have read the entire article, you may have noticed that no hardware modding is required to covert the 9500 non pro into a 9500 pro.

All you need to do is get the Sappiretech version of the 9500 non pro and then install the Omega Catalyst drivers, which have the hacked driver which activates the 4 idle pixel pipelines. That is what I did. Using AIDA 32 and via benchmarks, I verify that all 8 are indeed enabled.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Originally posted by adamp2p@15 August 2003 - 18:47
    Well Wolfmight, it appears you are not reading very carefully. If you would have read the entire article, you may have noticed that no hardware modding is required to covert the 9500 non pro into a 9500 pro.

All you need to do is get the Sappiretech version of the 9500 non pro and then install the Omega Catalyst drivers, which have the hacked driver which activates the 4 idle pixel pipelines. That is what I did. Using AIDA 32 and via benchmarks, I verify that all 8 are indeed enabled.
    yea, but then u are gamebleing to get that "Rare" version.

might lose yo money still..

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Originally posted by Wolfmight+16 August 2003 - 01:57--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Wolfmight @ 16 August 2003 - 01:57)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-adamp2p@15 August 2003 - 18:47
    Well Wolfmight, it appears you are not reading very carefully.&nbsp; If you would have read the entire article, you may have noticed that no hardware modding is required to covert the 9500 non pro into a 9500 pro.&nbsp;

All you need to do is get the Sappiretech version of the 9500 non pro and then install the Omega Catalyst drivers, which have the hacked driver which activates the 4 idle pixel pipelines.&nbsp; That is what I did.&nbsp; Using AIDA 32 and via benchmarks, I verify that all 8 are indeed enabled.
    yea, but then u are gamebleing to get that "Rare" version.

might lose yo money still.. [/b][/quote]
    Nope, no matter what you the least you will be able to get is a 9500 pro out of a 9500. Guaranteed.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    The 9000 is really good...

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    ah ok, well thanks for the info adamp2p.

what&#39;s a good program for overclocking the card after i use the "modded" drivers?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast