Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Real One Player Is Totally Crap

Can anyone help me? I've recently downloaded a great codec called Real Alternative which enables you to play Real Files without having to install Real One Player. It uses the Media Classic Player to play the files, however, I unfortunately already had Real One installed and now I can't get rid of it. It keeps saying there is an uninstall component missing, therefore, it won't remove the program. I am on Windows XP Home package. Please help someone!

2. Music   -   #2
    Forum Star
    Look at the real.com site. There is a tool somewhere on there to remove RealOne.

3. Music   -   #3
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    *EDIT*

4. Music   -   #4
    realone player is the aol of the media player world

5. Music   -   #5
    You're not kidding mate.

6. Music   -   #6
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    All I can really say with a steady head is to reinstall RealOne (as you did before, obviously ) to reinstall the install component, then try the uninstall when it should work then.

Unfortunately, my mouth's saying "If you want to be rid of Real's crap, burn the computer" But that's over the top easily (but still a laugh )

7. Music   -   #7
    Arm's Avatar Poster
    DUDE, where can I download Real Alternative? In order to play Real Player videos on Winamp I need Realplayer installed and don't want that filth on my comp.

8. Music   -   #8
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Originally posted by Arm@14 August 2003 - 23:45
    DUDE, where can I download Real Alternative? In order to play Real Player videos on Winamp I need Realplayer installed and don't want that filth on my comp.
    http://www.k-lite.tk

It's under the Codecs download page

9. Music   -   #9
    Arm's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Illuminati+14 August 2003 - 22:52--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Illuminati @ 14 August 2003 - 22:52)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Arm@14 August 2003 - 23:45
    DUDE, where can I download Real Alternative? In order to play Real Player videos on Winamp I need Realplayer installed and don&#39;t want that filth on my comp.

It&#39;s under the Codecs download page [/b][/quote]
    Thanks Kazaa user. *Pats your head and gives you a cookie*

10. Music   -   #10
    Arm's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Illuminati+14 August 2003 - 22:52--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Illuminati @ 14 August 2003 - 22:52)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Arm@14 August 2003 - 23:45
    DUDE, where can I download Real Alternative? In order to play Real Player videos on Winamp I need Realplayer installed and don&#39;t want that filth on my comp.

It&#39;s under the Codecs download page [/b][/quote]
    Thanks Kazaa user. *Pats your head and gives you a cookie*

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast