Thread: 3d Gfx Card

Inevitable's Avatar Poster
    I'm looking for a good up to date gfx card that's cheap anyone know any cheap ones?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Ex-member
    The nVidia GeForce FX 5200 is a very good budget card. It is pretty fast, and supports the latest DirectX/OpenGL technologies.

I have one and it's very nice, especially as it cost under £50 GBP.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    Lamsey is right, the nVidia 5200 is a very good card. i also have one. also look at who is manufacturing the card (Sparkle, MSI, etc.) as different companies give you different extras such as a game or something.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    DarthInsinuate's Avatar Died in battle
    i'd say Nvidia Fx 5200 too, but as a second option look at the Ati Radeon 9200 Pro
    The Sexay Half Of ABBA And Max: Freelance Plants

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    carefull about the Inno3D Geforce FX 5200.. some of them are 128mb, but 64 inferaces (128mb of memory, but twice as slow as the normal ones with 128mb memory and 128 interface)

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    i would go with the ati radeon 9600.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Originally posted by Inevitable@14 August 2003 - 14:19
    I'm looking for a good up to date gfx card that's cheap anyone know any cheap ones?
    it depends on what you mean by "cheap." everyone has a different interpretation, altho i guess most people would call anything under $100 USD "cheap."

at the moment, the best cards for under $100 would be the Nvidia Geforce FX 5200 Ultra or the ATI Radeon 9200 Pro. if you're willing for spend $130-$150, the next higher step on the ladder is the Nvidia Geforce FX 5600 Ultra or the ATI Radeon 9600 Pro.

as for which brand to choose, it's up to you. there aren't huge differences in speed, so you should prolly check out the features and make your choice based on that.