Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A Warning

wevotedno's Avatar SeeD BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45

Urgent

Dear FST users,

Having in mind that many of us are trying out seedboxes services and evaluating their performance, i feel is my duty to inform/warn you about the following seedbox service provider:

santrex * net

I too have tried many services in order to find one that best suited my torrent needs.

Anyhow

these people, which i honestly think is just one guy running the show, offer the worst service i ever paid to get. Their "100mbit" speeds are translated into pathetic 1MB downloads and 600-700kb (at max) uploads. Customer service is almost non-existing and ofcourse when they finally come back to you after a couple of days, they simply mock you. ( i will sort you out, everybody else is happy etc)

Now, i used torrents from Lvl1 til Lvl6 sites ( u know which sites) which are famous for blazing speeds. Nothing was happening! I ended up making a fool of myself to the site mods since i was not able to even upload a 700mb file back to the sites.

Funny story; i did manage to get 1MB upload once using a torrent from TPB.....When this occured i got so pissed that i opened a ticket and started giving them a piece of my mind. Two days after i get the answer; "if you are not polite, we can not help you..."

Anyway, with these guys u can't win and of course money refund is not even mentioned.

My advice is STAY AWAY from these guys.

Please spread the word.

Screenshots from the webui and the "blazing speeds" are available.

Thank you.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    BANNED BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Thanks For the warning..

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    nice there are always guinea-pigs willing to try cheap-ass hosting !

thank you !

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    You should send them a link to this thread and let them know where poor business ethics gets them.
    Last edited by Skizo; 06-15-2008 at 09:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

yo

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    BANNED BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    It is simple!!!
    You always get what you're paying for!!!

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Me and huge99 also wrote reviews, lets get into the irc channel and get a refund. They will try and ignore you but we can try pm me if possible...

Ben99's review & mine here: https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bit...santrex-299766

Ben99:
    Santrex

Review: I signed up because they were one of the cheapest providers with unlimited bandwidth. Well i soon learned that unlimited bandwidth does not help you if the box cannot top 700 kbps up and 3 mb/s down. In reality this box is more like having a 2nd home connection or just a leechbox.

Recommended: Hell no, stay far away, they also have the worst customer service ever, where they just ignore you when you are in their irc channel.

Rating: 1/10
    My review:
    1. Santrex

Review: Signed up for uTorrent in US, got a box in France. Download speeds was complete crap at less than 1mb/s and upload never reaching more than 50kbp/s. Their support "team" is terrible and not afraid to insult their users and make them look like complete idiots. They blame poor speeds on routing and poor trackers. Well, I guess TL, What, RevTT, PTN, and SCC are complete s*** trackers ? My home connection is faster and more reliable than this hosting provider. After complaining about speeds, I was moved to a Torrentflux box. The admin was all over me asking if it was ok and would not leave me alone. Transfers die, slow speeds, and stuck transfers were just a few of the problems.

Recommended: No, stay away. Their support is a joke, it is virtually non-resistant. Terrible speeds, service, reliability.

Rating: 1/10

Stay away from this scam, they are shit.
    Last edited by xGeNeSisx; 06-15-2008 at 10:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    LoKaLiRi's Avatar n00b BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55
    thanks for the waring

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    MODERATION BT Rep: +2
    absolutely terrible is what i think of their service and speeds.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    jam0980tr's Avatar jam cakes mmm Lovely
    thanks for the info

server business scammer, damn they are every where. lmao
    Last edited by jam0980tr; 06-16-2008 at 02:00 AM.
    Down-Speed Up-Speed
    Proud 2 Be a Member Of 0sec Tmp3

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    wevotedno's Avatar SeeD BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    if anyone nedds to complain, here is the irc link

http://irc.netsplit.de/webchat/?net=...oom=%23santrex
    Last edited by Skizo; 06-17-2008 at 02:18 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast