Thread: What.cd seeding

Poster BT Rep: +3
    Is there any trick to seeding WHAT? I have a seedbox but am having a hard time seeding. I have been downloading a lot of the new torrents and after about a week finally have a 0.4 ratio! Are there any tricks to getting a good ratio

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    yeah, if you're seedboxing then jump on popular 0-day comics and apps as soon as they drop

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    i heard you can use RSS, should i just tell it to add anything with "comic" or apps

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    lostdemon's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Just upload alot of your own music and that'll solve your dilemma
    Thats what I do on waffles its really not to hard to keep a 1:1 ratio or higher on what or waffles as long as you up your own stuff.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    slimdogp's Avatar Token White Kid BT Rep: +1
    My suggestion is to just use the site naturally, and seed long term.

Download the stuff you actually listen to, and let it seed for a few months (or more)

If you get 50 or so things seeding, it should only take up < 10GB of drive space and if you let it go for a while you will buffer up nicely.

Comics/apps are a good idea, but imho ratio farming on torrents like that just to snatch mp3 kinda goes against the seeding necessary to keep the torrents alive a long time, which is the idea of an archive music site.

Check the min ratio page, they're really low. The more you snatch, the more you're seeding. So get to downloading and seed til you bleed.

Thats worked well for me, I made a ton during the free leeches as well though.

GL

-slim

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    I plan on long term seeding but want to utilize the seedbox for the month i have it. It seems long term is the only way to go....

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    RedRansom's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    haydeno I had 2 seedbox last month and I understand you really very hard to improve your ratio. I try to upload most flac albums but noone download them .I think you should wait freeleech and download what you can with good leech I saw a man downloading 100 files and seeding 120 like this

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Grind$oFine's Avatar get n3rd3d BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    A seedbox wont really help on WhatCD unless it's a freeleech period.
    If you know of a huge album thats gonna get uploaded soon and you jump on it immediately then you may be able to get a buffer with the seedbox, but that can be really difficult to do.

I would suggest just using the seedbox with other trackers. In most situations on WhatCD, the results of seedbox vs. home connection have a very minimal difference.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Poster BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    Though when a freeleech does come, you can end up doing something like 200+ gb in upload alone with a seedbox. That was a good FLACleech
    Ask me about my self-esteem!