Thread: Emule Doubt ?

Saroman's Avatar ReInVeNtInG MySeLf BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45

Arrow

Hey guys,

First Time Emule User here..

Uptil now i have been using only Torrents and RS. But recently i am unable to find some rare movies which i even checked at KG and Cinematek

So i am trying Emule. So i just wanted to ask if i need any other supporting apps/patches/MODs or anything updates for Emule to work at its best ?

If Yes - Which MODs should i use and which ones to avoid..

Also any settings/configuration etc that i need to take care of

Also while searching for files what should i use

- Global Servers
    - KAD Network
    - File Donkey

??

Appreicate your help.

Thanx..
    Last edited by Saroman; 06-17-2008 at 12:44 PM.
    -= Only when the last tree has died and the last river been poisoned and the last fish been caught, will we realise we cannot eat money. =-

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    I use the Xtreme MOD. There is also ScarAngel (a mod from Xtreme) and MorphXT as the most important I guess. But I believe Xtreme is the most used.

You could set 'Global' for searches. This finds what you wants in all the servers instead in only the one you are connected to. The KAD searches in the KAD Network, but you don't have to. When you are downloading a file, it takes sources from Kad too.

Be sure to update the Servers List from gruk.org by pasting this on the 'Update from URL' box at the right area.
    Code:
    http://www.gruk.org/server.met
    Sorry for my English, it's not my mother language as you sure noticed.

I'm sorry for the double post, I tought I could edit. I'm kind of new here.

There is a comparison between some Mods that would help you decide which one to use.
    Last edited by spedkey; 06-18-2008 at 08:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Saroman's Avatar ReInVeNtInG MySeLf BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Thanx a lot spedkey for your suggestions

Appreciate it..

Anyone any other tips..?
    -= Only when the last tree has died and the last river been poisoned and the last fish been caught, will we realise we cannot eat money. =-

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    I'm staff,kiss m ass BT Rep: +1
    It's not that important which Mod you use, I think Xtreme is a good one for the start.

For searching, I'd first check the 'Server', so you lookup content indexed on the server you are connected to, this is very fast. Then I'd search for the file with Kad, the decentralized mesh between eMules. If I still didn't find what I'm looking for, I'd use the global server search, which is rather slow and puts load on the servers.

The configuration must be set according to your connection. The first time wizard should have helped, if not you can still change it later. If eMule is the only P2P running, it's advised to give 70% of your upload. That way you earn credits and help others, still your connection doesn't start to lag.

One important thing for eD2k is: Leave it running long time, add multiple files at once. Downloading 10 files at once is a good thing for eMule, because the files don't really slow each other, and you wait for many files at once. Optimally you leave eMule running all day all night, if not try to let it run a few hours... it's like a huge tankship with great mass, needs to gain momentum for a long time until it starts to do something.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    hi

i know eMule ok and i confirm that using a mod in your situation is useless

for rare movies (and eMule is a good - the ? - place for that), you definitely need to search thru kad ; in general, anything rare must be searched thru kad cuz your server or even a bunch of servers may know noone connected with your search, but the network may have it

possible issue: if you are new, your kad may be weak (poor nodes) so leave it (eMule) work for more than a few minutes before searching

i imagine its possible to find a good "nodes.dat" around

trying several titles may help (from several languages)

honestly, i would be very surprised if you cannot find a movie on eMule

enjoy!

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    I'm staff,kiss m ass BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by coluche72 View Post
    i imagine its possible to find a good "nodes.dat" around
    http://nodes-dat.com/

Although eMule should take care of that automatically if you just leave it running.