Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Overseeding worst then HNR ?

Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    Now that is through no fault of mine, its my stupid ISP, but it also does not mean im a "Fucking Leech" as you so eloquantly put it.
    if you don't seed back exactly or more than you get, then you are a leecher.

try to manage how much you download by how much you upload.

2. BitTorrent   -   #42
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    I do i use NG and i run my own tracker, not that i have ever cheated my ratio before ever, but this is why we have the seed points mod, to get away from the problems low upload BW users get themselves into.

and what about old torrents where there is never ever likely to be another leecher, so you cant upload to anyone, how are you supposed to get a ratio back on those the old fashioned way. Even you would struggle with those i bet.

3. BitTorrent   -   #43
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    If you are Skerven then all I can say is that monk3y,dunson and myself are all on seedboxes and don't share your limited viewpoint.
    lol i'm done

4. BitTorrent   -   #44
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    oops double post, not sure what happened there.

5. BitTorrent   -   #45
    Poster BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    Quote Originally Posted by Spillage View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by t0mmy View Post
    cry me a river
    Ella Fitzgerald or Justin Timberlake ?
    justin timberlake !
    pictures of you!! pictures of me!!

6. BitTorrent   -   #46
    wtf, bit strong and i dont agree with you one bit lol

Take me for example.

DL = 20 meg or about 1800KBs

UL = 756K or about 80KBs

and i get capped for 5 hours a day (even though today its been about 10 hours and its pissing me off) to

5 MBS dl

25KBs upload.

So i download a 7 gig file, i can download it in 30 minutes at my max speed, but to upload it i will have to wait 2 days at least, and thats at my max speed throughout, take the fact of the SB users and after the 3 days lack of leechers on the torrents, i would struggle to get a 1 ratio.

Now that is through no fault of mine, its my stupid ISP, but it also does not mean im a "Fucking Leech" as you so eloquantly put it.

there are ppl pay A LOT OF MONEY for their own 100mbit / gbit links... maybe they would pay way less buying 1gbit down / 10mbit up... is that what you want?
    should everybody take crappy connections and be justified??
    "I'm poor, do not ban me, I just want to leech from your damn fast pipe without giving back enough"

IF YOU CANNOT GIVE BACK TO THE COMMUNITY THE SAME AMOUNT YOU ARE TAKING FROM IT YOU ARE LEECHING.

"peer to peer" means that every peer is equal to the others... all have the same rights... but all are also obligate to follow the same rule!

Nobody like parasites that lives on the bandwidth of others... and worst if they come here complaing about overseeding.... wtf!

if overseeding is a problem for you: go on the piratebay... there you will see how does UNDERseeding works....

7. BitTorrent   -   #47
    Ok we will take the SP mod off and go back to P2L then, then the only one that is benefiting is me.

sorry but this thread is starting to do my head in.

its a viscious circle.

start off, 4 years ago, slow downloads but everyone could seed back to a decent ratio, even over 1 most of the time.

3 years ago, Seedboxes come on the scene.

1st of all Uploaders of scene axx had them, which is great, fine and bloody dandy if your an uploader, it is preferable that you have one, especially if your releasing scene straight after pre.

2 years ago, non scene uploaders started to get them, started jumping on torrents as soon as the uploader uploaded them, to get a huge ratio and fuck the poor sods with slow uploads, as long as my e-penis is huge, fuck them.

Great for fast downloads, shit for an equal ratio throughout the site, especially on closed communities (no new leechers that will want the stuff after 2 days).

Now members that would have never ever thought of getting a sb are getting one, to guess what, keep up with all the seedbox users.

soon we will have 95% of the members on seedboxes, and even if you have one, it will still be hard to keep a ratio. because even if you have a Seedbox, if 40 seeders are seeding 10 * the torrent each and there are only 400 leechers, then 400 of those are going to have ratios under 1 if you like it or not. doesnt matter what upload they have got.

and i am not talking about uplaoding at a snails pace through choice, i am talking about members getting bullied out of seeding but trying their best.

OK i love seedboxes, ive used one and thought it was cheating, but thats another story lol but you can have too many on a site, which is detrimental to the site as a whole imo

the trick is to find the right balance, fast downloads, but also a chance for the ones that either cant afford a seedbox, or just plain dont want one, a chance to stay a member. and P2L is not the answer, that means i am benefiting off your fast pipes, and exploiting the ones that dont have a fast upload, now is that right?
    Last edited by stoi; 06-20-2008 at 02:03 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #48
    So we're all agreed then ..... overseeders are the new paedo's

9. BitTorrent   -   #49
    BANNED BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by Skerven View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spillage View Post
    My question was & still is, why do people need the speed ?
    yeah, the "need for speed" (clever..) is not unconditional (for most). there is a conflict of interests between efficiency and equity -

• with extremely high speeds, the layman with a small pipe finds it extremely difficult to maintain an adequate ratio.
    • with extremely low speeds, the layman with a small pipe finds it extremely easy to maintain an adequate ratio.

there is a conflict of interests.

i value speed on a site unconditionally. i couldn't care less if people have a hard time uploading on a nice site.

that's the price of being connected to people who max out your bandwidth.* that's the price of expecting everyone to seed what they give back. so, either get a high-bandwidth or stop complaining. you can't have your cake and eat it too.

*idealistically, you could surmise that if everyone had equal bandwidth and shared all their torrents, that people would always max our their pipes; sadly, that is not an accurate reflection of reality. you could argue that, since a bandwidth-dissonance is inevitable, we could mollify the paupers by requiring low ratios... but that is contrary to what is fundamental to the spirit of torrenting - to seed back what you get.
    Exactly, seeding back 3x or 4x what you took is therefore a problem. So go stroke your epenis and think about that.

10. BitTorrent   -   #50
    and i am not talking about uplaoding at a snails pace through choice, i am talking about members getting bullied out of seeding but trying their best.
    why don't you understand that it's not the site's duty to please everyone? instead, the site should be concerned with its quality. it is foolish to sacrifice quality for appeasement. seedboxes only help.

overseeding would be a non-issue if there weren't so many leechers everywhere.

the inherent problem isn't the "overseeding" of the seedboxes. it is the "underseeding" of the leechers.

Quote Originally Posted by dunson View Post
    Exactly, seeding back 3x or 4x what you took is therefore a problem. So go stroke your epenis and think about that.
    i suggest, then, that you go propose to a random site that they set ratio caps.
    Last edited by Skerven; 06-20-2008 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast