Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: sticky suggestion

Disme's Avatar I'm Belgian BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    I agree there are a lot of these threads where members come whining about being banned for this and that unfair reason.

In the first place you have to think ... what it BT ... for some it's there life ... yes, that's pathetic, but for a lot of members here some trackers are 'their dream'. That already says a lot about the member in question.

Second ... I can understand that some decent members that have a lasting BT history get a little frustrated when they are banned for some reason that looks unfair to them.

I don't think it is that bad people start these threads cause it gives the community-reps that 'reside'here at FST the chance to tell their side of the story. That way future members of the trackers in question know what to do and what not to do.

It's easy to say for some that one should stop whining and go on when [sarcasm]you see your ultimate goal in your patethic life or socalled 'dream' shattered to pieces[/sarcasm].

But the last thread I read here at FST about being banned was quite informative and doesn't bother me at all. Off course the first thing one should do is go to IRC and try to talk about it with the staff member in question or maybe send a PM here to the community rep. At least that's how I would act if I was banned for no reason.

Can you feel the LOVE

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    To be honest, the last thread was actually quite constructive, minus the odd "tough luck" posts. Informative posts and all.. About time people understood the idea of a discussion board.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Bionic's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    I always see those threads coming up all the time. All you see at the end is the same reason, Lol.
    Twitter: @alhassoni
    Stay tuned. I could say something brilliant at any moment.

DL Speed: 1MBps | UL Speed: 228KBps

Speaks: English, Arabic, German, Tagalog(Filipino), Spanish and Chinese

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    YAY FOR TRADING/! BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by benchez
    If I was ever banned from somewhere i'd shut the fuck up about it.
    why would someone ban you, benchface?

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Disme's Avatar I'm Belgian BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by tralalala View Post
    To be honest, the last thread was actually quite constructive, minus the odd "tough luck" posts. Informative posts and all.. About time people understood the idea of a discussion board.
    Yeah ...but as you can see from the replies in THIS post ... there is no discussion...I know ... It is much easier to give some sarcastic comment than to open a REAL discussion.

I would expect more intelligence from some members in this thread ... apparently I am wrong
    Can you feel the LOVE

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    LoKaLiRi's Avatar n00b BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55
    unnecessary

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Stabber's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    I don't think is necessary to be sticky

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    I appreciate the joke PB. But the truth is when people say things like
    Quote Originally Posted by spybot229 View Post
    all the "sct suck's" threads get put all in one thread
    all it does is make them sound foolish. Lets be real here. We all know that these trackers don't want you to trade their invites/accts so it does sometimes boggle my mind when people cry about it after they got caught and banned. Now there are a few threads where people have legit gripes and were wrongly banned but those are few and far between

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stabber View Post
    Great point.

Well represented.

yo

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Stabber View Post
    Depends where you live really, it gets quite sticky here in the summer.........

Now back to the discussion, the vast majority of the I've been banned are I have been caught & banned threads, through trading or cheating, they always start out with a sob story, then the member is challenged and then the thread descends into a slinging match with the inevitable I hate [fill in the blanks] tracker/staff member.
    All such inquiries are best handled by the staff on the tracker, and all have an IRC channel for just such problems, yet time and time again they say they don't know how to use IRC, this I find hard to believe its not some mystical science.
    I agree that this is a discussion board but like benchez the last thing I would discuss on this board was being banned from a tracker. I have had problems in the past which I have resolved by talking to staff.
    I think the reason for bmtv threads cropping up so much is this tracker is far more aggressive than others in banning traders, ScT too takes a very dim view, but this is the policy of the tracker and the staff of that tracker.
    The simple and inescapable fact of joining a private tracker is that being a member means you have to abide by the rules, yet so many say 'I know I traded but......' ,yet there is no but or and in the rules.
    I agree that some are genuine requests for help, but this is a very tiny minority compared to those who do not follow a few simple rules.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast