Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Muslims attack Christians in Egypt

Poster BT Rep: +3
    An Egyptian police official says security forces have clashed with hundreds of angry Muslims who attacked houses and shops owned by Christians in a tiny farming village south of Cairo. The clashes took place late Friday after the disappearance of a young woman who had converted to Islam in the village of al-Nazalah.

The police official says officers fired tear gas at, and scuffled with about 1,000 Muslims who had accused Christians of kidnapping the female Muslim convert to force her to return to Christianity. A village priest says Muslim residents also threw Molotov cocktails at Christians. (AP)

why can't Islam leave non-islamic people alone?

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by torrentt View Post
    An Egyptian police official says security forces have clashed with hundreds of angry Muslims who attacked houses and shops owned by Christians in a tiny farming village south of Cairo. The clashes took place late Friday after the disappearance of a young woman who had converted to Islam in the village of al-Nazalah.

The police official says officers fired tear gas at, and scuffled with about 1,000 Muslims who had accused Christians of kidnapping the female Muslim convert to force her to return to Christianity. A village priest says Muslim residents also threw Molotov cocktails at Christians. (AP)

Because (when it suits them) they can live their lives under the presumptive righteousness of their religion.

It gives them license to ignore any sort of secular civility.

Ordinarily a Christian has to come to (or live in) America to be treated so poorly.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    LuckIEE's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14

thats your side of the store whats there side say? oh you wouldnt know that now would you. too busy spreading news
    Iy Looov eet

The Best Things In Life Should Be Free.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckIEE View Post

thats your side of the store whats there side say? oh you wouldnt know that now would you. too busy spreading news
    Well, then.

What is "there side"?

Do you know?

Should we not talk about it?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    zedex's Avatar Borat Brother BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    its just a very violent religion thats all , just read what the jihad tells them and u gonna understand it yourself .

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by zedex View Post
    its just a very violent religion thats all , just read what the jihad tells them and u gonna understand it yourself .

Have you ever read the Koran, sir? I have and let me assure you, there's nothing in it about attacking through physical force non-Muslims.

The idea that Jihad relates to war is so outdated, that anyone who considers that to be the case is what I would call a religious nut. The same kind of people, to equate it on a Christian level, who are opposed to the giving out of free condoms in Africa, or the denouncing of homosexuality because it's "not natural".

Jihad is the struggle for the protection of Islam, but that doesn't mean taking up arms. Your local Muslim charity worker, or local Muslim converter is carrying out Jihad.

And by the way, I am Christian. Not that it matters...but I felt it important to state...

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    zedex's Avatar Borat Brother BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    i did read the koran ( translated to hebrew ) and i guess every religion has some kind of a violence past , nevertheless the muslims still act like its the 12th century or something and are not very openminded like other religions had becomed .

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    BANNED BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    USA claimed that its citizens in cuba was getting hurt, Their properties were seized and they were not happy with the current situation in cuba which was under the dominion of Spain at the time, now i guess they will give excuses like these( civil unrest and so forth) to intervene with the Egyptian policies... That is what may happen in my eyes...

@zedex, i dont think generalizing is the good idea here, you need to learn about logical fallacies, For reference google it, and click the first one on the google about the issue... and what you or i heard is from the news, they can easily be manipulated to spread hatred among different factions(i am atheist if you wonder but living in a muslim country)

@topic starter, Think about it, How can Islam leave non muslims alone? Think about Lebanon in which there is a confessional democracy. The roles in the government is scattered between cults that lead to the civil war between them... Those non muslims who found trade partners in the west started focusing on the industry and so forth while ignoring the agricultural needs of the society... So it is not difficult to hate them... But it is also unwise to put them all in one category... Another example of why Some muslims may feel unfortable with Non- muslims would be this, You probably know Osama Bin Laden, he was a soldier recruited by America to fight against the Soviet Union in Afghanistan, He did, then they cast him away with nothing... How would it feel to be manipulated? Wouldnt you feel Hatred? I get them completely, Now they are using Central Command forces in the middle east to keep their precious oil flowing... There were 500000 thousand American soldier in the Soviet Arabia? Why? To protect them from revolt uprisings and so forth... Is SAudi Arabia regime a good one? No, they still stone the women, there is high prostitution and corruption... Why dont interfere with it? Because they cant, they are trade partners... So How can ya Love such a non-muslim Community? Try to see them from others view points mate...

Ps: I have nothing against non-muslim community, in fact there are several people i luv among them... However, you may not forget what their forefathers did or still doing to you...

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    its lucky Jews are not like Muslims, we have every reason to hate many of Europe countries and the Arabs. If we where muslims we would have bombed and kill them even these days, but instead, we want close relationship with all of the world. In Islam, hatred is translated to massive terror as a way of living, not distinguishing between people who are on their side, sacrificing their own people and children as a human shield and puts them in danger in order for the world to see if they die, Israel is to blame, and create more and more hatred with lies an manipulations.
    so a reason for hatred is not a reason for terror.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    BANNED BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Dude How old are ya? i really wonder... For the part, that you have reason to hate other countries, yeah you do, but you are not the only one, countries have fought among each other for centuries, now they communicate among each other, it is definitely astonishing to forget all those harms caused by other countries. But they do, so your country is not the only one to hate other countries...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast