Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Over-Enthusiastic views on acc trading?

Quote Originally Posted by ghurka View Post
    There are basically 3 options with account trading:

1) The account gets disabled before the trade goes through
    2) The account gets disabled after the trade goes through
    3) The trade goes undetected

The outcome of this depends on the security measures the site uses. I am not going to mention which sites but there are some where you will always get caught trading. I'm not going to bullshit and say that every trade is caught but those involving the higher ranked sites are.
    you might also be trading with an operator from one of the sites (or someone that want to became "important" by spotting traders) that will just disable the account after figuring it out (that's how it works also on ebay ahahha... buy the invite, receive it, ban the user, delete the invite and ask for refund to paypal )

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    bblogs's Avatar Damn Straight. BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by ghurka View Post
    I am not going to mention which sites but there are some where you will always get caught trading.
    This comment emphasizes my point. How the hell could you know that traders always get caught?

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    YAY FOR TRADING/! BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    IMO, it depends on the size of the userbase, the willingness of the staff members to go after and punish traders, and the technology that the staff members use to catch such traders.

Yes, I believe you are correct in saying some traders go unpunished, as do criminals committing a crime if the police do not arrest them; now, I am not saying account/invite traders are criminals, but they are rule-breakers if such a tracker were to deny such actions in their rules. It's their community, the staff members make the rules; freedom of speech/property exchange does not apply as long as you're a member.

We witness trades taking place everyday, and you cannot know said trades are successfully completed if you have no way of monitoring which users come and go and how they go: if a big tracker has a lot of invites/open signups filtering in-and-out of the tracker during long periods of time, of course you will have users who obtain them (invites/accounts) and use them for barter; on the other hand, if you have a relatively small, closed-community of like-minded individuals with very short and sporadic invite dispersals/open signups, few [account] trades will go through because the personal details of a few members change drastically or members of a certain community are linked by their personal details/inviters, there are several other logical devices to see who has traded, where, and when.

The top tier trackers that are relatively free of traders are so because they believe and are passionate in the benefits it brings to their tracker and their reputation as a defender of something that is special to them: such as safety and security from the authorities, limited interest by other traders and sellers; a feeling of being a part of something greater than your average torrent dump attainable by anyone; the reputation to ward off the dishonest, the uninterested, the under-handed; the social aspect of a nurturing community thriving with loyal members. But of course, you will have those members who mask their interest in a tracker because it's popular during that week or a from skewed word-of-mouth.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that if efforts of staff members are to ward off people who they believe will do more harm to the tracker than good or cannot contribute anything that benefits the tracker, then their attempts in stopping said people will be fast and judicial, as in a criminal court. Again, traders are not criminals, but in the minds of staff members . . . I believe they are; in a sense of their own utopia, traders are the robbers: taking a little piece of their perfect tracker with them by falsely entering using under-handed techniques and treachery. But obviously, the world is not a perfect place, and neither are the vast amount of torrent communities; most trades get punished, but some are carefully planned by these so-called middle-men, however, by vigorous policing and finger-pointing to the rules, such security-adamant trackers can be free of traders.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12