Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Over-Enthusiastic views on acc trading?

bblogs's Avatar Damn Straight. BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    I often see anti-traders and sysops claiming "Will be banned.....! " at the first suggestion or hint of trading access to a particular tracker. There are a few trackers/sysops that seem to have an obsession with banning traded accounts...and why not? At the end of the day, this makes it safer for everyone.

However.....it's impossible to know how many traded accounts that are getting under the radar. Brandon or Wild (or one of the various members who condemn trading in the hope that they will recieve a surprise ScT invite) calmly post that the account will be banned, often within x amount of minutes.
    But this essentially says "[Out of all the guys we've caught] None of them got away with it!" Serious?!

It seems to me than a reasonably intelligent acc trade, and an invite trade almost devoid of intelligence could be pulled off undetected...so could it be that a lot more trades go on without anyone knowing??

[What have I just suggested??! ]

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    BANNED BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Duh. Account trading actually happens, which is why people try to deter same.

Oh btw, I'm sure B is really hoping for SCT still, maybe he should put "AntiTrader" in his signature to better his chances.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    bblogs's Avatar Damn Straight. BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    I wasn't suggesting that account trading happens. I was suggesting it happens a lot more than people realise.

Let me be clearer:
    Some seem to think that 99% of traded accounts are detected. Is it possible that the figure might be a lot lower?

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    ghurka's Avatar Welsh Bhoy BT Rep: +5
    There are basically 3 options with account trading:

1) The account gets disabled before the trade goes through
    2) The account gets disabled after the trade goes through
    3) The trade goes undetected

The outcome of this depends on the security measures the site uses. I am not going to mention which sites but there are some where you will always get caught trading. I'm not going to bullshit and say that every trade is caught but those involving the higher ranked sites are.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by bblogs View Post
    I wasn't suggesting that account trading happens. I was suggesting it happens a lot more than people realise.

Let me be clearer:
    Some seem to think that 99% of traded accounts are detected. Is it possible that the figure might be a lot lower?
    Ask someone from the VTG here, they would have a better handle on this than us mere mortals.
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Swax's Avatar n00blet
    Traders are only disabled if adequate proof is given.

I won't let mods ban someone on ScT suspected of cheating without an IP or e-mail or screenshots etc..

I'd say 40% of traders are probably caught.

But in my eyes it's far better to let a suspected trader slip under the radar, than to ban an innocent user. There's no contest.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    YAY FOR TRADING/! BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    i always see mods banning traders as, like, bad-ass bounty hunters busting people's doors down

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    NPAX1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    of course tracker admins make it seem like no one gets away with trading; by doing that, they dissuade future possible traders from committing the act.

but the reality is that if trading never worked, you wouldn't see the numerous trade threads that exist on this forum. trading is just a reality concerning torrent trackers; in my opinion it's human nature, bartering and exchanging something you don't want/need for something that you do want.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by NPAX1 View Post
    in my opinion it's human nature, bartering and exchanging something you don't want/need for something that you do want.
    You mean, bartering and exchanging something you do not need, for something else you do not want/need, and exchanging that for something else you do not want/need... and so on... and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    In the old days, if you misbehaved on a tracker, you got disabled, or worse, IP banned.

Nowadays, there are more trackers than there are members, so if your tracker misbehaves, they get bookmark removed, or worse, URL deleted.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    The Flying Cow's Avatar windowlicker BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    ^It's addictive, like secks and breastesses.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast