Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone been caught by MPPA/RIAA on private sites?

Ali-g's Avatar Joker BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    OK its a lot of time i havent been here but hell its SUMMER... I cant even believe it... Like Andre says: The summer is here-U wanna feel somebody

Anyway in october im moving to Canada. I like to share a lot and UL as much as I can and am top member in my preferred sites... so anyone can help me with the rules (if there are any) to not get caught sharing?

First o all is it even possible to get caught on a private tracker without the tracker being caught? And is it legal in Canada to torrent by the way? U know anything of PeerGuardian or Proxy Servers?

Thanx

The Chase is Better than the Catch

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    integral's Avatar No surprises. BT Rep: +4
    I'm pretty sure users from oink got arrested, fined or whatever. Yes I believe it's quite possible to get caught on a private tracker. Likely? No, but possible.

I believe filesharing laws in Canada are less strict, unless you get caught for doing something major, like leaking screeners or pre-released albums.

they didn't built Rome in one day

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    r00t's Avatar MUUUUUUH? BT Rep: +1
    I do not think there is so much to be afraid of, if you just use a seedbox to upload and download with .. But yes, I think that MPPA, resulting in what is happening in the torrent world.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    BANNED BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    1) Don't use big sites. Demonoid, TorrentLeech, BitSoup etc are all too big and insecure to really be safe from getting a letter sent to your ISP. Also, sites with anonym modes or that don't let you view the peers are much, much safer.
    2) Don't upload pre-release torrents. (This is what happened in Oink).
    3) Don't immediately jump on the newest hottest movies and don't seed forever (If you jump on new torrents, the alphabet boys might be taking notes of all the IPs on that new movie or whatever. Also, the longer your IP is exposed, the more vulnerable you are, especially if you are one of only a few seeders).
    4) Don't worry, think about all these users who have uploaded TBs and realize that even though you upload a lot, you're a very, very small target.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Simple way to alleviate fear of getting caught is to use usenet

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    BANNED BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Kamon, that sucks, usenet, no way, i used it trust me, rapidshare is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy much more betten than usenet, mostly comments are in german so you dont know whether file works or not and so forth. There is a very big possibility that the game you download wont work...and so forth. Dont waste your money on usenet, get seedbox, buffer like hell

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Mostly civil BT Rep: +3
    RIAA/MPAA? They can all join me for a hot cup of tea at my place,no problem.

People here get away with murder,what's piracy infront of that?
    Lawlessness rocks sometimes!

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Thank u guys for comments...

So to come up with my questions:

1. Is Canada safer than Us for example?
    2. Any hint on using PeerGuardian or Proxy Servers (is it safer)?
    3. SO there really is a chance that u will get caught on a private tracker while the tracker will still go on running>?

I hate UseNet by the way sharing should be about caring not paying.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Thank u guys for comments...

So to come up with my questions:

1. Is Canada safer than Us for example?
    2. Any hint on using PeerGuardian or Proxy Servers (is it safer)?
    3. SO there really is a chance that u will get caught on a private tracker while the tracker will still go on running>?
    4. What is less safe to DL? XXX, TV, new films, old films, new games, old games, e-learning?

I hate UseNet by the way sharing should be about caring not paying.

EDIT: Sorry for double post, to mod --> Delete above if u can : )

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    tknaught's Avatar +3 dB BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Ali-g View Post
    There is always a chance of being caught. If you can't bear the risk, don't share files.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast