Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 'Seedbox Reviews' thread?

Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    What do you all think about having a 'Seedbox Reviews' thread?

I've noticed an increasing number of members posting good/bad reviews for seedboxes they're using or have used in the past. Any thoughts on the usefulness of such a thread?

I'm not even sure what the best layout would be. If you have some thoughts on the matter, please post.

Please keep your posts on topic.

yo

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    . BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    good idea skizo.so now we can found all seed box thread here

last night i am tired of searching to found some details

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Bionic's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    Yea, this would be a great add-on to the section. Seedbox sites review, links to tutorials, links to FAQs, etc.. I say, yea, why not?
    Twitter: @alhassoni
    Stay tuned. I could say something brilliant at any moment.

DL Speed: 1MBps | UL Speed: 228KBps

Speaks: English, Arabic, German, Tagalog(Filipino), Spanish and Chinese

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    integral's Avatar No surprises. BT Rep: +4
    I was actually just thinking about starting a thread similar to this. I think it's a great idea, since it would establish a definitive guide of seedbox ratings for users of FST.

Maybe major seedbox offerers could get a 1-10 rating? This way seedbox offers with low ratings and many complaints (such as Santrex) won't get any customers from here.

As for layout, perhaps you could show major seedbox companies with that rating near there name, their url, where their servers are hosted, their most basic package (price), and what billing they accept; for example:

Leaseweb [10/10]
    www.leaseweb.com
    Servers located in The Netherlands

Express Server 1
    512MB Ram
    160GB HDD
    2TB Bandwidth Per Month
    €39 (No Setup Fee)
    PayPal, Credit Card, Bank Wire
    Last edited by integral; 06-23-2008 at 09:56 PM.

they didn't built Rome in one day

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    SkyW's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    think its a great idea

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    I love ie.hosting, as do a lot of the older members who know their left tit from their right tit, others, especially the newer members who look for speed and want it now, hate them, who's to say who is right? For the money & bandwidth they get a 9/10 from me, someone else who was only with them for less than 1 week will give them a 1, that is not a fair balance. Whose review of ie.hosting will be the one accepted for the review thread?

I can just see another thread with xx company is great, with the usual no they are not responses, followed by yes they are, can't wait

It generally boils down to who has the most cash gets the better boxes, so why not just have a seedbox thread, showing company, costs, limited or unlimited bandwidth, OSs on offer, tech support, and favourable responses only from those using that service (everyone can quote a bad experience from a company, I know of a few people now who are having a hard time with OVH boxes and have bad speed issues, for instance a gbit box that is worse than a 100/100 box).

Just let the users also continue to open their threads in asking for members opinions about the seedboxes in that thread, and asking for any bad experiences from other members rather than polluting the seedbox sticky thread which will turn into a flame war thread. Keep it clean and locked.
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    BANNED BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    I STRONGLY agree with this.

This would be a great addition to this place.

I feel it would greatly reduce the amount of "Which Seedbox should I get" Threads as well.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    BANNED BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    It would be a great thread,
    I remember in the past that a big thread like this was made by a user who was banned if I remember well..
    anyways I would really appreciate this thread since im going to buy a SB at the end of this month..

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    fatcat69's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    personally I think it will be biased as can be.

You will be able to weed out most of the crappy ones though...

However you will always get the idiots who had a bad experience with a box bc they didnt set it up right or they just dont have anyclue what they are talking about.

Make sure to have a seperate section for VPS and Dedicated

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by fatcat69 View Post
    personally I think it will be biased as can be.

You will be able to weed out most of the crappy ones though...

However you will always get the idiots who had a bad experience with a box bc they didnt set it up right or they just dont have anyclue what they are talking about.

Make sure to have a seperate section for VPS and Dedicated
    Well, everyone has their opinion.

I like the effectiveness of the WTAW rankings. A reviews thread could work in a similar fashion. One member to keep up the first post containing rating with user input with which to go by. Obviously we would choose a member who is well versed in seedboxes and the hosts.

Or even the WTO format. That may even work better actually. Simply give a listing of price ranges, support, speed, etc., and rank each element.

yo

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast