I agree.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #32
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    I'll second that.

-bd

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #33
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    I'll third that.

Also, you can always opt-out of receiving emails from FST in your user profile settings.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #34
    Guillaume's Avatar Kentish old lady BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by rookiecrd1 View Post
    Guys, at least be fair here. Spam is Unsolicited email. The email some may have received, although it wasn't sent in the format or completion we meant it to be, it was sent from FST, a forum which you sign up to.
    Ok, but what if you joined years ago and didn't log-in for about 1007 months (disabled e-mail from the board and its admins) and still received it?
    Isn't that unsolicited?

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #35
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Yo dude respect. How goes it with you.

In other news Mr JP Fugley got the email as well but he deleted it. He will return when he's good and reddy.
    Last edited by JPaul; 06-28-2008 at 09:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #36
    BANNED BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    only thing you can do is set in your profile here at fst that your not to be sent emails

if an email is then sent to you anyway just report as spam easy no need to get upset over it

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #37
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Guillaume View Post
    Guys, at least be fair here. Spam is Unsolicited email. The email some may have received, although it wasn't sent in the format or completion we meant it to be, it was sent from FST, a forum which you sign up to.
    Ok, but what if you joined years ago and didn't log-in for about 1007 months (disabled e-mail from the board and its admins) and still received it?
    Isn't that unsolicited?
    Hai, gurahl. Plz to be posting some in the Lounge.

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #38
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Well if you're getting emails when you have specifically asked not to get emails then that's a bit naughty...

On the plus-side... HOORAY!!!!! GUILLAUME'S HERE!!!!!

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #39
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1

Second, If any of you care to take on full multiple server costs, ddos protection costs and other costs of running this site, feel free to, and I'll personally make sure you don't see any ads or ever get an email with an ad in it again. The site is losing money, we just took on even more costs. The forum is 100% free for all of you to use our bandwidth, and storage, and we have far fewer ads then other related forums, yet some of you still complain. Find me another large forum that is in the red, that has fewer ads on it then FST.

Our goal is to survive and provide you all with a place to communicate and share information with one another free of charge, unfortionately this means we have to pay to have the site up and running, thus a very few ads.
    FST admin are welcome to send information to any of my email addresses regarding data sharing, (send one for example to [email protected] and I will circulate it to our members and users, (real filesharers ..also a few leechers ) if it helps generate funds for the continuation of this (our) community!

In fact in 5 years I have been a member, these are the first emails of this nature I have ever received. Brian and his supporting team are doing a great job here and we are extremely fortunate in that Brian finances FST out his his own pocket and so it's absolutely normal he tries to balance the costs this way!..Some of the members might remember what nearly happened!

The explanation is adequate..close the thread when you wish..

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234