Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Hi there!

  1. #1
    Ok Hi to all in here/\
    Obviously Im new in here and Im new also to p2p sharing. I hope I can be a good part of this community and of others also

    If anyone has any advice where to start from Id be listening with pleasure
    I currently only DL music from BearShare and movies from thepiratebay, and give a lot back
    Anyone knows something how can I get better speed especially in torrents? And well I dont care much but how safe is it to DL from BearShare (old version) and thepiratebay (and of course which is the safest, best way of p2p )
    Ok enough questioning thanx

  2. Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
  3. BitTorrent   -   #2
    BANNED BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    575
    I currently only DL music from BearShare and movies from thepiratebay, and give a lot back

    the dark ages!!

  4. BitTorrent   -   #3
    respawn40's Avatar Phoenix Wright :D BT Rep: +2
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    World Wide Web
    Posts
    1,033
    You obviously have no clue what's going on

    1) Don't judge the speed of torrents based off of ThePirateBay (TPB).
    2) You might not be able to control the speeds of your downloads if your ISP is thottling (controlling) your connection to block any torrenting.
    3) ThePirateBay is not a METHOD of P2P, it just organizes everything. Bittorrent is the actual method.
    4) ThePirateBay is probably one of the least safe ways of torrenting
    5) My advice to you would be to be active in this community, get to know people, and look in the "Trackers OPEN For Signup" thread, and find a tracker that piques your interest. These trackers are ones that are private, but are open for anyone to join at the moment. If a tracker isn't open for signup, but you would still like to join it, you can always get to know people or request an invite in the Bittorrent Invites section. Private trackers generally have better speeds, and are viewed to be safer. Trackers will often advertise their speeds, community, and pre-times (pre-times are how quickly a TV Show, Movie, Application, etc. is uploaded to a tracker after the original time and date of release).

    Good luck >.>
    Last edited by respawn40; 06-26-2008 at 12:27 AM.


    I am a exsellent speller and I use grammer very good.

  5. BitTorrent   -   #4
    integral's Avatar No surprises. BT Rep: +4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,155
    Quote Originally Posted by Ada_B View Post
    Ok Hi to all in here/\
    Obviously Im new in here and Im new also to p2p sharing. I hope I can be a good part of this community and of others also

    If anyone has any advice where to start from Id be listening with pleasure
    I currently only DL music from BearShare and movies from thepiratebay, and give a lot back
    Anyone knows something how can I get better speed especially in torrents? And well I dont care much but how safe is it to DL from BearShare (old version) and thepiratebay (and of course which is the safest, best way of p2p )
    Ok enough questioning thanx
    Try searching for an invite to closed, invite-only trackers. These trackers tend to have higher speeds.

    they didn't built Rome in one day

  6. BitTorrent   -   #5
    jayz707's Avatar the human BT Rep: +1
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    outside a cave
    Posts
    343
    Quote Originally Posted by respawn40 View Post
    4) ThePirateBay is probably one of the least safe ways of torrenting
    are you sure? i don't think that there is a big improvement of security just because you are using some private tracker. look at oink

    if you and me can get in to private trackers so can the anti privacy guys...

  7. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Try here

    A nice place to find some privs to start out on
    Last edited by M3dium; 06-26-2008 at 01:25 AM.

  8. BitTorrent   -   #7
    respawn40's Avatar Phoenix Wright :D BT Rep: +2
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    World Wide Web
    Posts
    1,033
    Quote Originally Posted by jayz707 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by respawn40 View Post
    4) ThePirateBay is probably one of the least safe ways of torrenting
    are you sure? i don't think that there is a big improvement of security just because you are using some private tracker. look at oink

    if you and me can get in to private trackers so can the anti privacy guys...
    I'm aware of that. When I said safe, I was talking about viruses. I have yet to download a torrent from a private tracker that had a virus in it.


    I am a exsellent speller and I use grammer very good.

  9. BitTorrent   -   #8
    BANNED BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,638
    You should check out one of the following in my opinion..

    Waffles
    What.cd
    STMusic

  10. BitTorrent   -   #9
    jayz707's Avatar the human BT Rep: +1
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    outside a cave
    Posts
    343
    Quote Originally Posted by respawn40 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jayz707 View Post

    are you sure? i don't think that there is a big improvement of security just because you are using some private tracker. look at oink

    if you and me can get in to private trackers so can the anti privacy guys...
    I'm aware of that. When I said safe, I was talking about viruses. I have yet to download a torrent from a private tracker that had a virus in it.
    oh! i misunderstood you. anyways I've never downloaded a virus from a public tracker in my life!

  11. BitTorrent   -   #10
    respawn40's Avatar Phoenix Wright :D BT Rep: +2
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    World Wide Web
    Posts
    1,033
    ^

    I've gotten a fair few viruses from public trackers; especially with applications.


    I am a exsellent speller and I use grammer very good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Members who have read this thread in the last 60 days: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •