Running Debian etch on a seedbox and like most of us the only software needed are wine+utorrent and liferea for the ones that need to grab torrents as soon as they are posted.
It was running fine for a week, with utorrent perfoming absolutely amazing without a glitch. While server maintenance the etch repos where updated with the newer version of wine, v1.0.0. Since then i noticed that utorrent no matter how many peers where leeching it never connected to more than 1 or 2.
So, from 100/100 up-down i suddenly had 50/0 down -up. Even after the torrent completion it wouldn't connect. Isp performed various tests and found out that everything is as it was and that no capping was enforced on my speed.
Googling for the problem turned out a couple of results and searching through the forums of major torrent sites i got many replies of people who had similar problems and eventially turned to rtorrent to solve the issue.
Today, by mistake i was directed to the wineHQ webpage and alas i found the culprit.
WINE 1.0.0 + UTORRENT HAS A BUG REPORT FOR DROPPING PEERS.
So i just reverted to the last known good version 0.9.50 of wine which finally brought the problem to a solution.
Read all about it here:
Thanks for your time