Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Alt.binz + Astraweb Quest

Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    If you look at the top right of the Alt.Binz site, it says, "current version / build : v0.28.1" Though if you navigate to the "Downloadz" section on the Alt.Binz site, it says that 0.25 is the latest build.

As for the startup issue, just create a shortcut to Alt.Binz and drag it into your "Startup" folder. Anything in that folder when run whenever your PC is booted. I think the default location is Start > All Programs > Startup.

Nice to see you're moving along though.

yo

2. Newsgroups   -   #12
    The latest build of Alt.Binz is 0.28.1. However, version 0.25 was the last public build. To access the newer ones you have to donate and become a contributor.

It's well worth it IMO.

3. Newsgroups   -   #13
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by EyeBaller View Post
    The latest build of Alt.Binz is 0.28.1. However, version 0.25 was the last public build. To access the newer ones you have to donate and become a contributor.

It's well worth it IMO.
    How so?

yo

4. Newsgroups   -   #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post

It's well worth it IMO.
    How so?
    Check the Version history there are many many new features as well as fixes. One of the things I know that broke a while ago was .nfo viewing from the search tabs, which now works perfectly.

Also, becoming a contributor gets you access to the requests forum and you can request new features to be added to the next builds.

5. Newsgroups   -   #15
    ericab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6

It's well worth it IMO.

alt.binz 28.1 etc is also avaliable all over usenet

6. Newsgroups   -   #16
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by ericab View Post

It's well worth it IMO.

yo

7. Newsgroups   -   #17
    ericab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ericab View Post

bow chicka wow wow

8. Newsgroups   -   #18
    limpdickkid's Avatar Free Ringdings rule BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    my signature has an RS link for AltBinz 0.28.1. If you still have trouble with the latest version of AltBinz then try GrabIt. I've heard good things about that as well. For various tutorials on usenet go to:

http://www.binaries4all.com/
    Search RS: Click
    To get the latest scene releases on RS with good pre-times goto: http://www.rslinks.org/
    Alt.Binz 0.28.2
    For an organised list of NZB searching and indexing sites go here -> Click Me...4 N.Z.B. ...it rhymes
    For latest goals goto: www.101greatgoals.com
    To stream sports goto www.myp2p.eu

9. Newsgroups   -   #19
    Ok thanks, how about getting around ISP choking usenet? is there anyway to avoid this like ssl encryption or ssh tunneling?

Also ive really been wondering, What is usenet? ive read wikipedia but its written for scientists

The way i 'see' it is a bunch or servers out there that people upload to, things like astraweb provide access to these servers and so do some isp's?

i know im probably well off but i just really dont understand it, could someone put it in layman's terms for me

thanks

10. Newsgroups   -   #20
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    I always found this to be the best explanation.

yo

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast