Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how do i unistalled a software that not listed on the add/remove list ??

CCleaner (Orginally Crap Cleaner) is an inuitive program that removes programs, intelligently deletes unused registry values, and also clean the cache and other unused data of programs like firefox and explorer. Make sure you create a back-up of the registry when it asks you, though.

Although I don't mean to imply that it isn't an effective registry cleaner... I, brash as can be, never back up the registry when it asks me too.. and I haven't ran into a problem.

There's also a portable version floating around the internet, if you can find it.
    Last edited by Acumen; 06-30-2008 at 10:59 AM.
    Humanity has in the course of time had to endure from the hands of science three great outrages upon its naive self-love: the discovery that our world is merely a speck in a vast universe, that we merely descended from lesser animals, and that our conscious minds sometimes lie to their very selves about our actions.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    If you can find its directory in C > Program Files, you can look thru there to see if you can find an uninstall.exe or unwise.exe or anything that starts with un. If you having trouble locating the directory then use the shortcut you would use to open the program to find it. In otherwords right click on its configure ot start shortcut and select Properties and then Find Target and you will end up at the directory.

Some programs are noinstall or portable programs that will not have an uninstaller because they do not get installed. If your version of limewire came as a portable version then all you have to do is delete the folder you made for it or it made for itself when you extracted it from rar or zip or it did it for you from a self extracting exe or rar.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12