Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HDBits looking for new mods!!

Hombre's Avatar Finish Him !!!! BT Rep: +1
    We are looking for some new moderators for the site.

We are in dire need of some people to moderate new torrents, there are so many being uploaded recently that it's very hard to keep track of them all. This basically involves looking at a torrent, checking to make sure it's not been uploaded before (either exactly the same or equivalent) and making sure the description gives enough detail about the torrent. It should also involve helping uploaders out with any problems they might have.

We also require forum moderators to keep the trolls in line, keep things civil and helpful etc.

Basic requirements are that you're active on the site and have enough spare time to do this (Minimum of ~30 mins a day, most days). The amount of people we need will depend on how much time the applicants want to spend doing thing. If someone wants to spend every waking minute on the site we might only need 1 more moderator
    Any moderator must be fairly sensible and diplomatic - there are a lot of users on this site so we need to keep them in line and keep them happy.

You MUST meet these requirements:
    Speak english well
    If you want to be a forum moderator you MUST be active on the forums (don't need like 200 posts a week, but we must know you exist)
    If you want to be a torrent moderator you MUST have downloaded over 50 torrents and MUST have made some torrent comments and ideally you've uploaded something
    You must have an avatar. If you've not bothered to pick one I can't be bothered to pick you to be a moderator
    It is good. Means tracker will be more professional than ever and keep nr1 place in HD !

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    With Nanosoft back in business, I really doubt they will need any other mods.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    OlegL's Avatar Poster
    Oh, so Nanosoft was again promoted to a moderator position?

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    LubTheStaringCat's Avatar I'm curious BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    You must have an avatar. If you've not bothered to pick one I can't be bothered to pick you to be a moderator
    When since did qualifying to be a Moderator, require an Avatar...Sounds a little bit weird
    Do you think that would reflect on your ability to do the job In the first place, some how I don't think so.
    Last edited by LubTheStaringCat; 01-25-2010 at 12:59 AM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    7th's Avatar the brazilian guy BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by LubTheStaringCat View Post
    When since did qualifying to be a Moderator, require an Avatar...Sounds a little bit weird
    Do you think that would reflect on your ability to do the job In the first place, some how I don't think so.
    Well, I don't know about you but every time I see a user on a tracker that don't have an Avatar it feels like he/she don't really care for it you know?

And I say that because I already registered in trackers that I ended up not using for many motives... and guess what? Those never saw my Avatar on it

and may I ask an off-topic question? I just saw in the "What Trackers are Worth" that HDBits is an easy place to seed... how can this be possible? Seeding bonus points or something?

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    It is not that hard, and the speeds are insane. There are bonus points indeed, but if you know which torrents to jump in to buffer your account, life isn't that hard.
    Usually, at user custom encodes, when there is only one seeder for a long time, it's quite easy to seed. This, and popular shows, plus the freeleech torrents.
    Last edited by Cabalo; 01-25-2010 at 01:26 AM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    ohh ,I was perfect for a moderator.
    just a couple of requirements I don't meet 1.No avatar 2.Not a member

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Cut-Copy-Paste's Avatar FST Satan BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by awaited View Post

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by Hombre View Post
    It is good. Means tracker will be more professional than ever !
    How do you figure ? I mean by that announcement the only definite fact is they might have another mod or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Cut-Copy-Paste View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by awaited View Post
    I think the only way anybody wouldn't meet those tough requirements is to not be a member.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 01-25-2010 at 02:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Respect my lack of authority.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by LubTheStaringCat View Post
    Having an avatar means people can "skim" through the thread/comments quickly and find the post made by the moderator quickly.

Also, yes, it indicates people care about the site.

Oleg: Yes Nanosoft is back, the irony of the timing is hilarious, though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast