Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you know php?

Quote Originally Posted by boomyag View Post
    he dont need to install apache because he use html and other stuff that is client side and dont need server for them
    I didn't mean to be contentious. I was just sharing my experience. Regardless, you recommended hosting a site to practice server-side programming... I just said it wasn't necessary, as I'm sure you'll agree.

Quote Originally Posted by boomyag View Post
    in that case you really should practice,
    i suggest you open a free hosting account and practice there....
    or even on your computer if its only client side programming such as html,javascript and css...
    I must have misunderstood you. To me your syntactical structure suggests that you recommended hosting a website to practice server-side and client-side scripting, and recommended using your desktop computer to practice just client-side scripting.

Sorry if that was impertinently long-winded, but, being a programmer, I take grammar, punctuation, and spelling to heart.
    Last edited by Acumen; 07-02-2008 at 02:19 PM.
    Humanity has in the course of time had to endure from the hands of science three great outrages upon its naive self-love: the discovery that our world is merely a speck in a vast universe, that we merely descended from lesser animals, and that our conscious minds sometimes lie to their very selves about our actions.

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #12
    Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    well,i think u misunderstood me,
    i said that if he want to practice client side he can used his computer without installing a server on his computer.
    if he wanted server side,he can used a free hosting(if he has a domain) or a server on computer such as wamp...
    by the way,how long u r a programmer?

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #13
    BANNED BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    I started learning php and mysql but my mother got really sick with cancer and I quit and haven't started back again.

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #14
    BANNED BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Oh m8, i am sooo sorry for the incident, i hope she gets way better m8

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #15
    Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by markupmaster View Post
    I started learning php and mysql but my mother got really sick with cancer and I quit and haven't started back again.
    oh,i am sorry dude,how is she feel now?
    hope everything will be fine...

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #16
    I'm pretty good at PHP, but I also struggle with finding ways to make my code scalable. One amazing thing with PHP, is the manual! It's so easy and quick to use, and a lot of the comments given on functions will have sample code for anyone that is trying to learn. On a side note, I've just started learning Python, it's really nice!

7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #17
    For those of you who know PHP...how long did it take you and what were the best resources to study from. I am considering doing a class in PHP but they are charging close to $500 for 8 weekly sessions. I use to code way back and haven't done it in a while so I was considering it. Any suggestions?

8. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #18
    n00b BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    a lot of course! i have many experience with the trackers!

9. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #19
    I never had any formal training in PHP, just picked it up by trying stuff. However, I did have a few years programming experience under my belt before that.

Think of a project and start working on it. You'll learn a lot as you progress.

For any significant PHP project, I recommend finding a framework that you like and using it. I've been using symfony and it's great. They have a lot of great documentation online, including a nice walk-through building their demo site, askeet.com.

10. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #20
    nadeem111as's Avatar Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    i know little pit not much
    we could use some materials
    can you support me and visit my blog at:
    waytoubuntu.blogspot.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast