Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Sad Day for BrokenStones (old topic)

Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    With the penalties that can be enforced on the siteowners/admins I can understand why a project is abandoned when the server is seized, even with database encryption there is still all the log details that can be extracted. It is sad that another great tracker has been forced into this position and brokenstones was by far the best dedicated tracker for Mac, but everyone here must recognise that for siteowners/admin there is a huge risk in running these sites, so if their decision is to abandon the project then all we can really do is thank them for the effort and hope that enough dedicated users band together to build another resource for the Mac community.

R.I.P. Brokenstones

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    psxcite's Avatar Pimpilicious Penguin
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    With the penalties that can be enforced on the siteowners/admins I can understand why a project is abandoned when the server is seized, even with database encryption there is still all the log details that can be extracted. It is sad that another great tracker has been forced into this position and brokenstones was by far the best dedicated tracker for Mac, but everyone here must recognise that for siteowners/admin there is a huge risk in running these sites, so if their decision is to abandon the project then all we can really do is thank them for the effort and hope that enough dedicated users band together to build another resource for the Mac community.

R.I.P. Brokenstones
    Very well said. Excellent tracker which will be remembered fondly.
    "Dude, where's my rar?"

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    Is it still closed?

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    Hostile Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by gomez125 View Post
    Is it still closed?
    Do they not have Google where you live?

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    LubTheStaringCat's Avatar I'm curious BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    search BrokenStones and you'll find out.

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by gomez125 View Post
    Is it still closed?
    no, the site is working.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234