Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SeedBox - Suggestions

midnightalker's Avatar Poster

Question Mark

Hi,
    this is my first thread and I just wanna say its an amazing community you have here. I know I'm new and it's not the best way to introduce myself by asking things already but I really need some answers and I'm sure this is the place to get them.
    So, I'm searching for a seedbox. Two days ago I only knew the word and NOTHING else. I've been reading and googling and youtubing(!!) and reading again. I believe I'm ready to go except one thing..Which company?
    I can't find a single place with customer reviews. I won't trust the ads ..
    So I'm between these:
    seedhost.eu which is a reseller for OVH. I can get a seedbox directly from OVH but it seems they are quite "tough" when it comes to pirate content (torrents). So I found this reseller and talk to a support guy in AIM Messanger. It was really not that professional look he said you can use the seedbox for anything you want no matter the content. But still, is there any difference? I mean it's a reseller so I'll be using the OVH servers anyway.

hosting-ie.com - Thats the second one. It looks OK but I only have heard negative things about them. The plus for me is their Raptor 1 + offer which has 2x100Mbit unmetered bandwidth!!! The minus is that they have 3 months contract at least.

So thats what I have found so far. I now it doesn't sound like much but it'll be my first time. I'm still searching and of course I'm ALL EARS..
    but please keep in mind I don't have more than 60euros per month so leaseweb and similar are out of the question.

Thank you so much for your time,
    midnight_talker
    Last edited by midnightalker; 06-23-2008 at 12:29 AM.
    "Our Democracy is being self destroyed. Because he right of freedom and equality was abused. Because it taught the citizens to consider the insolence as right, the illegality as freedom, the impudence of reason as equality and the anarchy as bliss"
    Isocrates 436B.C. - 338B.C.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    BANNED BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    I used leaseweb express 3... but you might have the linux version... They were great for me... Now i ordered kimsufi xxl from the resellers in which there is 500 gb damn i hope speeds are awesome anyway... Dont use seedboxhosting. I am not satisfied with the speed they offer... Leaseweb is still the best for me...

edit: also if you wait for a while till they set my server up, i might give ya more details before you order machine from the resellers...

my advice to you would be this, dont use anything that doesnt have a quite reputation...
    Last edited by bilkenter; 06-23-2008 at 12:26 AM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Thanks for the fast answer. I really want to hear what you'll have to say about your kimsufi xxl.
    One more thing I didn't mention. I have NO experience or knowledge in any OS other than Windows. I also have never used FTP or anything else. I 'm only an "experienced" Windows user. So will I have problems finding my way around? I have bookmarked about 10 tutorials and guides which I will have read by the time I order my seedbox.
    I'm also a quick learner...
    "Our Democracy is being self destroyed. Because he right of freedom and equality was abused. Because it taught the citizens to consider the insolence as right, the illegality as freedom, the impudence of reason as equality and the anarchy as bliss"

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    . BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    some of ppl recommend ovh & hosting-ie & leaseweb

for me i order from hosting-ie

but they are taking more time to give u your account information

i have now 5 days waiting

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    BANNED BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    well cant tell ya for sure... i had express 3 in which windows vista was installed... i didnt want to have any problems but it would be better if you read the faqs before you get your seedbox... damn waiting sucks

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    NPAX1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    ovh isn't "tough" on torrenting, and if it was then the number of people on this forum buying them wouldnt be as big as it is.

i'd go with buying directly from ovh instead of a reseller if you can. you'll save money.

i would avoid hosting-ie, you'll wait a very very long time for your login information to ever come.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    BANNED BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    yhea go ovh.voted best provider for upload speed on speedtest.net.
    and if u cant go direct look around for a good reseller.my mark up is 10 on top of wateva server u want :-)

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    integral's Avatar No surprises. BT Rep: +4
    I'd go for OVH if possible. Leaseweb is also great, but costs more and has bandwidth limits.

they didn't built Rome in one day

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Thank you all for your answers. I think I have found another GREAT company..It's KeyWeb.de . Does anyone know anything about it? I found it from a MAJOR uploader on TL. So if he uses it, it must be good. It's also placed in Germany with is a plus for me as I was said to avoid US and FRANCE.
    As far as ONH is concerned, take a look at this:
    www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=632903&page=1
    and this:
    https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-upload-speed-my-100mbit-ovh-seedbox-276604
    Last edited by midnightalker; 06-23-2008 at 10:05 AM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    . BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    first time for me to heard about it.and i think Bandwidth is limited

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast