Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: mac torrent sites

Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by t1m3k33p3r View Post
    Vortex Network wishes to be referred as Eye of the Storm I believe.
    lol, that's going to make me laugh every time I see someone refer to it as that.
    Thanks for the heads up though.
    what?

this rule seems to be new or i must have read over it.

excuse me, but this is a little ridiculous, isn't it?

edit: i mean if they don't want their site name to be mentioned in public, that's ok. vn may have done the job. "eye of the storm" sounds a little dramatic. at least to me.
    Last edited by Polarbear; 07-17-2008 at 09:05 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    MEDBEDb's Avatar Poster

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post

lol, that's going to make me laugh every time I see someone refer to it as that.
    Thanks for the heads up though.
    what?

this rule seems to be new or i must have read over it.

excuse me, but this is a little ridiculous, isn't it?

edit: i mean if they don't want their site name to be mentioned in public, that's ok. vn may have done the job. "eye of the storm" sounds a little dramatic. at least to me.
    To protect the community we respectfully ask that all users refer to the site as "The Eye of The Storm" when referring to it in any medium that is not between two users of the site. however you are permitted to mention the sites true name on other private sites. The general rule of thumb is ask before mentioning the site if you're unsure.

Well, this rule is a little wierd... if the site is young enough, at least in the beginning it needs a little promotion imho ...

As well, the invites thing ... if a user can prove he s a trustworthy with the screenshots of his speed and ratios on good trackers, why not offer him an invite ;P
    Last edited by MEDBEDb; 07-17-2008 at 09:26 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    well, they certainly don't need any promotion. i've never seen a torrent site grow so fast. there wasn't any big hype like for what and waffles after the oink shutdown. two weeks ago nobody knew about the site and now they have 10.500 members without open signups. allright, what did a little promotion for them and helped out a lot, but there were no endless threads here or on other public sites.

for a niche tracker that addresses a 3% minority in the filesharing scene named mac users, they had an amazing start.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    well, they certainly don't need any promotion. i've never seen a torrent site grow so fast. there wasn't any big hype like for what and waffles after the oink shutdown. two weeks ago nobody knew about the site and now they have 10.500 members without open signups. allright, what did a little promotion for them and helped out a lot, but there were no endless threads here or on other public sites.

for a niche tracker that addresses a 3% minority in the filesharing scene named mac users, they had an amazing start.

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    MEDBEDb's Avatar Poster

Unsure

Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post

yep, imho all BS users will be there sooner or later ;P
    check this one out
    http://www.alexa.com/data/details/tr...texnetwork.org
    http://www.who.is/whois-org/ip-addre...exnetwork.org/
    all in one month ...
    amazing ))

-------------

damn ... it went crazy .. check this graph ... the vortexnetwork she-owner got totally nuts ... read about it on fst... im outa' there ))
    Last edited by MEDBEDb; 08-04-2008 at 04:11 AM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    It would be way cool if some1 would give me an invite for the Vortex Network/Eye of the Storm site.

Thanks a mil guys! Much appreciated!

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    deadalive1's Avatar VS ***** BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePeerGuy View Post
    It would be way cool if some1 would give me an invite for the Vortex Network/Eye of the Storm site.

It would be way cooler if you read the rules here about asking for invites in this section.

https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bit...anned-146184/?
    Please do not randomly PM asking for invites as I have none to give out. Have a nice day.

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    Sexeh BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    I'd suggest you check out BS or STC instead.
    Do not pm me for invites. At the moment I will not be participating here in that regard. I will ignore your pm.

9. BitTorrent   -   #39

Unsure

Quote Originally Posted by deadalive1 View Post

It would be way cooler if you read the rules here about asking for invites in this section.

https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bit...anned-146184/?
    I'm sorry...my apologies...I was not aware of this rule, and did not see it when I first scoured the information section of this board. My intention on my first day here was not to break any of your rules. I am just eager to find some Mac-dedicated forums and torrent sites. Thanks for your patience with this n00b.

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    MEDBEDb's Avatar Poster
    I'm sorry...my apologies...I was not aware of this rule, and did not see it when I first scoured the information section of this board. My intention on my first day here was not to break any of your rules. I am just eager to find some Mac-dedicated forums and torrent sites. Thanks for your patience with this n00b.
    Demonoid is pretty good on mac content, also some stuff on TL and RevTT ... lots o' stuff on Torrents.ru(in russian tho) and mac-torrents.com (reg open)
    For STC goto irc.savethecoratee.org #invites #help, pass a little interview, and u're in .. BS is back, and it rocks, hard to get there .. VN, was ok, but after the "big plans" thing, i kinda wouldnt recommend you going there
    I wish u luck m8
    Last edited by MEDBEDb; 09-03-2008 at 06:11 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast