Thread: Multiple concurrent users ONE account?

Does anyone know of a usenet service that allows multiple users to be logged in on the same account same time?

Im thinking there'd be no reason that the 10GB/month type accounts with no time limit would mind.

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Hitnews.eu has account sharing and you can use it from multiple ips. The only limiting factor is that you only get 8 connections. I used them for a little bit and they have decent speeds (hosted in netherlands) and very good prices.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    Thanks, looks great. Paypal support is always good too.

So up to 8 people could use it simultaneously? I don't really get how "connections" affect things.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    MultiForce's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by .KNK View Post
    Thanks, looks great. Paypal support is always good too.

So up to 8 people could use it simultaneously? I don't really get how "connections" affect things.
    When you download from usenet you usually download @ high speed, and usually maxing out your connection.

I'm not going to explain in detail but when you download with one thread/connection you will most likely not reach 100% of your bandwidth but maybe "just" 90%. When you use several threads/connections you ensure that you get the highest possible speed from your usenet provider. One of the reasons for this is that between the different parts of a file you download there is some commands sent etc. When a thread send these commands you'll want to have another thread going that downloads. If you have 20 threads you'll always have a thread downloading when another one is sending commands, logging in or whatever.

If you only have 8 connections available from an usenet provider you have to share the amount between the number of different internet connections you use.