Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Torrent-Core review.

Poster BT Rep: +1
    cana nybody give me a latest review on this topic as i am going to buy it because its cheap so can anbody tell me is its speed has improved

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    This is the latest (yesterday) news in the client area:

Dear All Torrent-core Customers,

We Are Delighted To Tell You That All Of Our Server Issues Have Been Resolved And 87% Of Accounts To Be Moved Have Been Moved And We Are Just Waiting For The Last Of The New Servers To Go Live

For Any Of Our Customers That Stay Loyal And Continue To Pay There Invoice This Month We Shall Be Adding :-

Extra Space
    Extra Concurrent Torrents
    And Loyalty Credits (In The Value Of Cupons)

If You Have Decided To Leave Or Made Any Mistkaes Please Contact Our Support Department And We Shall Fix This ASAP

Thanks

Torrent-Core

Loyalty credits Anyways give them a try if you want, apparently they have 27 servers...

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    thanks for the info

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    On mine I got this on the 15th:

Dear Customers,

The Server Change Over Is Now In Place And All Seeding Features Shall Be
    Resumed Once We Have Moved This Plan

Thank You

Torrent-Core

Today it is still not fixed and is still a terrible service.

Speeds remain fast downloading and often hit 1mb (on one torrent); but very poor upload speed, I have not hit over 1.2mb (on one torrent or combined) and it is usually under 600kB.

Crashes, where you have to restart all the torrents, still happen at least twice a day. It is a bit suspicious that they always seem to happen when I am not logged in for more than an hour and I think this might be intentional by them.

Torrents still die when they complete and upload is set at 10kB (can be changed) so this is still a leechbox and of no use on any site with a ratio. You can change the upload speed to 9999kB but there seems to be a hard limit of 200kB per torrent for me, even so it is rare for any torrent to reach even this paltry 200kB.

If you only use public trackers or have some sort of ISP interference then this package might be useful to you, if you use any private torrent sites it is useless.

tutorsnest, spend your money elsewhere as this is cheap but very, very nasty.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    i think torrent core is ran by 10 year olds or something

That is why their paypal is unverified

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    can someone update on this one.
    anyone tried the reseller plan? As you get a dedicated server speed should be better...

Seeding should be better now:

" As of 26/07/2008 all seeding shall be reactivated on all accounts as the server change-over is now complete

We would like to thank you for your patience in this time

Thanks

Torrent-Core
    "
    Last edited by fodxx; 08-26-2008 at 09:25 AM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    well, i only have to say good things about this service, 1º they enabled my account a few hours later after i pay, the download speed, i get a real 7.8mb and 4.6mb uploaded, its very good for 5€, and i have torrents seeding for several days without stoping

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    hollowed_one's Avatar No Homo BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    thats good to hear bugatti....i just purchased 1 :p
    a roll of the dice

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    hollowed_one's Avatar No Homo BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    for $7.50 i cant complain at all actually

ive been steady uploading well over 2.5mb
    Last edited by krappz; 09-30-2008 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    a roll of the dice

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    i also have an account at torrent-core and for the price you cant complain. I frequently get 8-9MB/s down and 4-5MB/s up.I can run the torrents for days without any issues. I had some problems when I first got the package and it is near impossible to get a hold of customer support. It usually takes me around 3 days but has taken up to a week to get a response. I have had no problems downloading from SCC. I have, however, had problems when it comes to uploading. Every time I try to make a torrent file through TF and upload the torrent to a tracker it can never fine the right directory or downloaded files after I get the torrent from the tracker. There has also been some problems with uptime as the server I am on was down for several days along with their main website so I could not contact support.

Overall, I say that you get what you pay for. This is an OK service to people who cannot afford better seedboxes or are new to torrents but I would recommend going somewhere else if possible.

ratings
    uptime: 3/5
    speed : 3.5/5
    support: 0/5
    Last edited by gtf004; 10-01-2008 at 06:18 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast