Thread: Usenetvault

Poster BT Rep: +1
    Anyone have any experience with them ? I heard that it just launched ~a week ago. Prices seem good and I might do a trial. So any feedback ?

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    GXice's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Are you looking at the Monthly plans or the Bucket plans? If its the Bucket one, you'll find Astraweb offer better value for money.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by xGeNeSisx View Post
    Anyone have any experience with them ? I heard that it just launched ~a week ago. Prices seem good and I might do a trial. So any feedback ?
    Well,
    I have had them for one week and I can say speeds are good.

They have a chat on there website and they answer all my questions quickly.

When I ordered it I was up and running in about 15 minutes.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    JustDOSE's Avatar look at my meatwad
    whats their server address? thanks for the info

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    Connect to World BT Rep: +1
    -.ALWAYS SEED MORE AND MORE THAN DOWNLOD.-
    PU@(TL/BitMe)

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    the server not the site

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    newsgroupie
    Usenetvault appears to be a "JAHR" - just another Highwinds reseller - of which there are probably too many to count. Since they're new and don't offer anything different from all the rest, like exceptionally low prices or unique service plans, why choose an unknown provider with no experience over a more established newsgroup provider with a proven record of good service?

It seems some people might mistakenly believe that Usenetvault offers "pay as you go" plans like Astraweb or Usenet-News. They don't. What they call "bucket" plans are pay-by-year plans instead of pay-by-month plans. Instead of inventing a new word, I don't know why they don't just label them as "yearly" plans since that's exactly what they are.

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    The service is good, however when I signed up I did not get a free trial despite having never used them before, they just billed me straight away so be careful. I used the chat to enquire why this was, they said they would get back to me but never did, so I don't think I will use them again.

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    newsgroupie
    Quote Originally Posted by nemesis01 View Post
    The service is good, however when I signed up I did not get a free trial despite having never used them before, they just billed me straight away so be careful. I used the chat to enquire why this was, they said they would get back to me but never did, so I don't think I will use them again.
    Sorry it didn't work out for you. You should try asking for your money back. Even if the trial period is over, it's the company's fault since they asked you to wait for them to fix your account.

That's why I don't like buying from new start-up companies that have not yet proven themselves. I've been burned too many times in the past to take that sort of gamble anymore. (though I might get suckered in if the price is too good to pass up)

I've been with Ngroups/Usenet-News (Highwinds reseller) for a few years, and can say that their service and tech support has been great - they always replied to emails immediately.

Now I'm using Astraweb due to their longer retention, and their tech support is less responsive, but still acceptable.

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    im using them , thanks to a friend ; good speed and retention