Thread: BitRefinery.eu - The Future of Mac Torrents

I Run It

Heart

From The HomePage of BitRefinery.eu
    ============================

http://BitRefinery.eu

Hey BR Users

Sadly the raid on Malaysian Servers have left many loved sites offline at the moment, and some never to return. One of these sites is widely known among Mac Users, BrokenStones. After the shut down of the servers many users were shocked to see a notice on the front page.

On 6/27/2008 around 8 AM GMT BrokenStones' server was suspended by the host. The server has been quarantined so BrokenStones will not be returning
    Well have no fear, BitRefinery.eu is the community that will take BrokenStones place, and push it to a whole other level! The site now holds over 51,000 users, and have opened the signup limit for 19,000 more! So get in while you can! We have opened the upload ability to ALL USERS! We want to see this place filling up!

It's server is located in Toronto, Canada, right beside TehConnection.eu's server ;-) . With the fantastic laws in Canada which allow you to download never fear. Maybe we are the only sites in the world that will defend your right to download, the owners have said repeatedly, that he will take it to the supreme court, he truly believes in downloading, so BitRefinery.eu will live on!

So start spreading the news and make BitRefinery.eu stronger than ever!
    Please also visit us on IRC @ irc.P2P-NET.eu in #BitRefinery .

~ BR STAFF ~

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    any independent information on this?

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    BANNED BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    I signed up for shits and giggles.
    23 Mac Apps
    0 Mac Games

Nice design though.

The site itself has 50K members and is dedicated to software only. So it could fit. All you need is a few decent BS uploaders there to reupload the BS stuff and voila, you've got something.

Kudos to the BR staff for making the effort.
    Last edited by dunson; 07-01-2008 at 06:34 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    i doubt this will work

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    BANNED BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Not too sure about this...

I wish them luck though..

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    respawn40's Avatar Phoenix Wright :D BT Rep: +2
    Meh, I think it's a good idea.

I am a exsellent speller and I use grammer very good.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    fOrUmAs's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75
    Well this will be very good place for mac users since there are not many sites who have mac stuff

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    lostdemon's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    If enough people spread the word about this and BS uploaders become members and start upping then it will become a good mac site but if people just automatically think it has no shot and don't spread the word then then it'll remain as is.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    bblogs's Avatar Damn Straight. BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by lostdemon View Post
    ...if people just automatically think it has no shot and don't spread the word then then it'll remain as is.
    Unfortunately countless new trackers springing up cause people to assume that they 'have no shot'...I hope BR staff do a good job or it'll only add to the problem.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    BANNED BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    There is an actual dedicated tracker in the works being made by former members, which will probably be much more appropriate for former BS users. Be patient and I'm sure it'll come around, there is no need to rush the project.