Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Hancock the greek god Zeus?

Cozmic_serpent's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Although it does not say it directly in the film, Hancock was once the Greek god Zeus. And this is why?

(1) He is potentially immortal and has lived long enough to be living at the same time as the ancient greeks (at least 3000 years old).
    (2) The eagle symbol he wears: The symbol for zeus.

THE AETOS DIOS was a giant, golden eagle which served as Zeus' personal messenger and animal companion. According to some, the eagle was once a mortal king named Periphas, whose virtuous rule was so celebrated that he was came to be honoured like a god. Zeus, in anger, would have smote him with a thunderbolt, but Apollon intervened and, transforming the king into an eagle, set him beside the throne of Zeus. In other accounts, Zeus adopted the eagle as his bird when it first appeared to him before the Titan War as a sign of good omen. The eagle was later sent by Zeus to carry the handsome youth Ganymedes up to heaven to become the cupbearer of the gods.

(3) When Hancock asks Mary what there relationship is, she first tells him that she is his sistor and later that they were married. Hera was the wife and older sister of Zeus, making Mary the greek god Hera.

(4) When Hancock said Mary was crazy, it really got to her...if you read more about Hera, she was a bit of a nutjob.

There may be other connections I missed so let me know. What do you guys think?
    Last edited by Cozmic_serpent; 07-03-2008 at 09:09 PM. Reason: added reason (4)

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Septimus's Avatar -- Nicolas -- BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    I haven't seen the movie yet. Why do you reveal the plot of the movie?

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Not that I was in any great hurry to see Hancock but thanks for giving away the ending anyway.

Oh well, it's not like Will Smith needs my $9 much...
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    BANNED BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    I'm glad I read the other replies before I finished the first post..

/me wipes forehead..

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    is will smith on his ego trip again, I won't pay for any of his films on principle.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Sanka113's Avatar Bobsled King BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    I don't think Hancock is that deep.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    apextwin146's Avatar You kNow wHo yOu aRe BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    Not that I was in any great hurry to see Hancock but thanks for giving away the ending anyway.

Oh well, it's not like Will Smith needs my $9 much...
    yeah u seem to dole out $9 for a lot of movies

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    I hardly ever "go out" to the movies.
    Almost all of my material comes from the library.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    lostdemon's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I wouldn't pay to watch this movie either. It actually doesn't interest me in the slightest. If I do watch it it'll probably be with my girlfriend when an R5 comes out. I will be spending my money on Dark Knight and Hellboy 2.

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Funny how people view things differently.
    Normally I 'm not a Wil Smith fan(smug bastard that he is)but I kind of liked Hancock. Well at least the first part of the movie.

And I'm definitely in the minority about The Dark Knight.
    Christian Bales is always good but I thought the first movie was only okay.It couldn't hold a candle to the Tim Burton films.

Love Hellboy though lostdemon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast