Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dells?

ApacNTS's Avatar Helljumper
    i need to know if they are reliable, ive had computer trouble every since i bought one. if anyone has dell's or info on dell's let me know, are laptops better than desktops or vice versa, the whole pro's/con's thing, all advice is appreciated.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    I don't know dude, Dell is okay for me. And if you have a problem with their hardware, they generally replace it.

Right now I am having some serious delayed write error problems with one my Dells-the 8300 but I am not blaming dell for the problem. I just need to figure out what is causing the problem. I have a spiritual connection with my computers and whenever they are having a problem it is usually the result of bad computer karma...right now its mad at me becuase I have been spending more time with the calculus that with it...

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    What are your sys specs now? How much $ can you spend? What do you need it to do? How long are you going to keep it? Will you you be upgrading it during its lifespan? Are you going to salvage any parts from your current system (i.e. monitor keyboard, cdrw, ram, speakers, UPS etc.)? Are you willing to build it yourself? Answer those questions first. You'll save yourself time, $ & headaches.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    I have had a dell for 3 years...if a part breaks they send you a replacment..almost no questions asked..i love them..there support is awsome...there computers dont have any problems...go for it
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    _John_Lennon_'s Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by bigdawgfoxx@16 August 2003 - 17:04
    I have had a dell for 3 years...if a part breaks they send you a replacment..almost no questions asked..i love them..there support is awsome...there computers dont have any problems...go for it
    Yeah, from what I have heard, and a recent PC magazine survery, if your going to go OEM, or, well I guess its retail actually, then go Dell, or Sony. Both have great tech support, and their OS's arnt over bloated too much.

Like on my HP install, the XP reboot was 5 discs.........

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Yeah, and go to their refurbished website.

I just had a nightmare with my 8300, I thought it was going crazy, but it turned out that the reason I was getting so many delayed write errors was due to the Radeon card's power cable being connected to the floppy controller...

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    you should try www.ibuypower.com
    they have a rating of 9.3 or 9.4/10 on www.resellerratings.com
    and their price is outrageously cheap
    check it out!!
    B)

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    this was along time ago but the dell dude got arrested for tryin to by crack off the street

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Originally posted by TheFilePirater@17 August 2003 - 04:43
    this was along time ago but the dell dude got arrested for tryin to by crack off the street
    Actually I think it was weed.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Poster
    Dells are great PC. There pretty cheap, powerful and have great support. Although, if you want to upgrade your computer, dont buy the parts for dell(expensive) go to www.googlegear.com or www.newegg.com.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast