Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: You never see.....

Squeamous's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mulder View Post
    china is actually a very interesting subject to me, I've downloaded many documentaries on it. The last I downloaded was a 4 part series called PBS china from the inside and it one of the episodes was on pollution and illness in china - its terrible out in the rural areas where the pollution from heavily developed urban areas has flowed down into their drinking water, many get sick and die from it and the government tries to cover it up. There's also an aids epidemic in some rural parts where entire villages have been wiped out. it was harsh to the max.

downloaded another series called Chinese school which was about education in china and in one episode this kid had too illness about him to be accepted into school so he had to go back to his village where he will work in fields for the rest of his life

/that was quite a serious post, possibly my first. it wont happen again, i assure you.

/bewbs.
    Nice save!

I gather China's government is quite progressive when it comes to health and education, despite massive corruption. It's an interesting country.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    planning a trip to china late next year, might go for a month or two

3. Lounge   -   #13

You know they don't speak English there, right?

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeamous View Post
    china is actually a very interesting subject to me, I've downloaded many documentaries on it. The last I downloaded was a 4 part series called PBS china from the inside and it one of the episodes was on pollution and illness in china - its terrible out in the rural areas where the pollution from heavily developed urban areas has flowed down into their drinking water, many get sick and die from it and the government tries to cover it up. There's also an aids epidemic in some rural parts where entire villages have been wiped out. it was harsh to the max.

downloaded another series called Chinese school which was about education in china and in one episode this kid had too illness about him to be accepted into school so he had to go back to his village where he will work in fields for the rest of his life

/that was quite a serious post, possibly my first. it wont happen again, i assure you.

/bewbs.
    Nice save!

I gather China's government is quite progressive when it comes to health and education, despite massive corruption. It's an interesting country.
    their educations orsum if you can afford it, in the rural areas the parents tend to leave their kids with their grandparents and go an work in the city in factories and send money back to their villages to pay for their kids school but most only get to see their kids once a year! its really interesting watching their schools, in primary school they set aside an hour on a friday and make the kids stand up and admit to their faults or anything they've done wrong/naughty, then they all clap and forgive them. some of the kids live at the school too and they teach them how to dress them selves and wash their own pots and clothes, really remarkable considering their age.

you should watch Chinese School, there's only 4 parts to it, it was on BBC4 not long ago but its on uknova and thebox.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    Another thing you never see (anymore)...

White dog turds.

I remember years ago when you walked down the street, chances were that you'd see a dog turd that was all dried up with an off-white colouration with a chalky look about it. Not no mores.

Where have all the white dog turds gone?

6. Lounge   -   #16
    their educations orsum if you can afford it, in the rural areas the parents tend to leave their kids with their grandparents and go an work in the city in factories and send money back to their villages to pay for their kids school but most only get to see their kids once a year! its really interesting watching their schools, in primary school they set aside an hour on a friday and make the kids stand up and admit to their faults or anything they've done wrong/naughty, then they all clap and forgive them. some of the kids live at the school too and they teach them how to dress them selves and wash their own pots and clothes, really remarkable considering their age.

you should watch Chinese School, there's only 4 parts to it, it was on BBC4 not long ago but its on uknova and thebox.
    I bet they have to be really careful what they admit to . Can you see it anywhere online? I only have poor person's TV

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by chalice View Post

White dog turds.

I remember years ago when you walked down the street, chances were that you'd see a dog turd that was all dried up with an off-white colouration with a chalky look about it. Not no mores.

I see this question every week on one message board or another.

They changed dog food to remove carbonates.

8. Lounge   -   #18
    You know what else you never see anymore? Erika Eleniak.

9. Lounge   -   #19
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeamous View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chalice View Post

White dog turds.

I see this question every week on one message board or another.

They changed dog food to remove carbonates.
    Oh. Well that explains it.

The universe is getting less and less mysterious.

10. Lounge   -   #20
    You'd be surprised how many people that question has bothered....one of life's great questions it seems.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast