Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Worst Private Trackers

Ali-g's Avatar Joker BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    1st: FULL CREDIT GOES TO S***** (who by the way has made so many good posts, u can check them out, maybe Ill post some of them here)

2nd: Apart from the short list at the end of the thread (trackers with few/few torrents) I havent set up any thing on Demonoid.

3rd: I think demonoid shouldnt be classified as a private tracker but as the best public tracker.

And again please dont go too harsh on comments

The Chase is Better than the Catch

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    I always thought of Demonoid as a Private Tracker, but it is rather
    Public I know now. Still you need invite codes to get in - but they're
    basically unlimited as I've heard...

Like Demonoid but BitMeTV e.g. is unmatched in that genre.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    you dont even need an account to download from demonoid

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    deadalive1's Avatar VS ***** BT Rep: +2
    I always thought of Demonoid as an Index not a tracker, none of the files (at least I believe) are hosted there.
    Please do not randomly PM asking for invites as I have none to give out. Have a nice day.

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    Quote Originally Posted by deadalive1 View Post
    I always thought of Demonoid as an Index not a tracker, none of the files (at least I believe) are hosted there.
    Most of the files are hosted there. It was actually the second-biggest tracker in the world before it shut down the first time:

http://torrentfreak.com/5-most-popul...ackers-070924/

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    BANNED BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    yeah demonoid was my luv once... there were such awesome books there omg :S such awesome collections :S

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Ali-g View Post
    3rd: I think demonoid shouldnt be classified as a private tracker but as the best public tracker.
    I hate to argue on semantics, but private trackers are different from public trackers in 3 ways:
    1) they regulate their torrents, requiring them to be "private," and prohibiting users from uploading them to other trackers.
    2) they require a person to sign-in in order to download their hosted torrents
    3) they recognize users in order to record their ratio and other statistics.

Demonoid scores a 2/3. It's private in my books.
    Humanity has in the course of time had to endure from the hands of science three great outrages upon its naive self-love: the discovery that our world is merely a speck in a vast universe, that we merely descended from lesser animals, and that our conscious minds sometimes lie to their very selves about our actions.

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    I always thought of Demonoid as a "semi-private" tracker. Whatever it's classed as, it's one of the best(if not the best) of it's kind.

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Acumen View Post
    I hate to argue on semantics, but private trackers are different from public trackers in 3 ways:
    1) they regulate their torrents, requiring them to be "private," and prohibiting users from uploading them to other trackers.

1.they have minimum regulation on their torrents.
    2. you don't have to sign-in to dl torrents (with some limitation)
    3. the ratio is all screwed up.

but i still think Demoniod is the best

U2VjdGlvbjQ3

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    Poster BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by Acumen View Post

Which 2?
    I havent really used the old D in a while (at least on a regular basis), but I think I remember finding their torrents on mininova (#1) And downloading from there before i was a member (#2)

Also, although they keep track of your d/l and u/l (kind of) they dont ban you for bad ratio.
    DO NOT PM me 4 invites thanks

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast