Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: worth it? Torrentleech!

SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Elite Torrents?
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

2. BitTorrent   -   #42
    Ghostbusters's Avatar Ectoplasmic
    Possibly but it's not ringing any bells with me...

*Edit*

Actually was Elite torrents the one that got closed down for pre-releasing Startwars Episode 3 or something, if it was that one then I'm going back maybe a year or two before that, my memory is pretty hazy atm
    Last edited by Ghostbusters; 07-07-2008 at 10:01 PM.

Baby On The Way OMFG !

3. BitTorrent   -   #43
    PooBar's Avatar TorrentSlut BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    TL is the Best!! I am PU and i have Invite :-p

4. BitTorrent   -   #44
    kondrae's Avatar Trance BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    TL is unique. you have to part of it to understand.

and yes many PU's have invites

Skitt's Law: "any post correcting an error in another post will contain at least one error itself"

5. BitTorrent   -   #45
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbusters View Post

*Edit*

Actually was Elite torrents the one that got closed down for pre-releasing Startwars Episode 3 or something, if it was that one then I'm going back maybe a year or two before that, my memory is pretty hazy atm
    May help:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_D-Elite

Operation D-Elite was an operation by agents of the FBI and U.S. Bureau of Immigration and Customs Enforcement against leading members of EliteTorrents, a BitTorrent tracker site, resulting in five months of prison, five months of home arrest, and a $3,000 fine against Grant T. Stanley on October 17, 2006.[1] Another administrator of the site, Scott McCausland, received the same sentence on December 19, 2006.[2]

On May 25, 2005, authorities executed ten search warrants across the United States and seized the EliteTorrents domain. Like previous actions against BitTorrent sites such as LokiTorrent, the authorities obtained server logs of people who had been downloading and uploading through the site's BitTorrent tracker. As of January 15, 2007, there has been no action taken against the vast majority of normal members on LokiTorrent or EliteTorrents.[citation needed]

[edit] Events leading to the takedown

EliteTorrents was singled out among the large number of Bittorrent sites because EliteTorrents released a Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith workprint approximately six hours prior to the movie's theatrical release. This attracted the attention of the MPAA, which monitors BitTorrent sites. The MPAA began collecting information and pressuring the Federal Bureau of Investigation to take some form of action.

In addition to the Star Wars workprint, the owner of the EliteTorrents domain name lived in the United States, which made the site an easier target for US authorities. However, the site's server was located in the Netherlands, and the other BitTorrent trackers located on that server continued to operate.

When the site was first taken down, people who tried to access it were confronted by a notice, apparently created in Microsoft Word, which led the owners to announce that the site had been a victim of a DDoS attack or some other type of hoax. However, in the early hours of May 25, the United States Department of Justice and FBI announced that they had taken down the website.
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

6. BitTorrent   -   #46
    deadalive1's Avatar VS ***** BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtMajor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbusters View Post

*Edit*

May help:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_D-Elite

Operation D-Elite was an operation by agents of the FBI and U.S. Bureau of Immigration and Customs Enforcement against leading members of EliteTorrents, a BitTorrent tracker site, resulting in five months of prison, five months of home arrest, and a $3,000 fine against Grant T. Stanley on October 17, 2006.[1] Another administrator of the site, Scott McCausland, received the same sentence on December 19, 2006.[2]

On May 25, 2005, authorities executed ten search warrants across the United States and seized the EliteTorrents domain. Like previous actions against BitTorrent sites such as LokiTorrent, the authorities obtained server logs of people who had been downloading and uploading through the site's BitTorrent tracker. As of January 15, 2007, there has been no action taken against the vast majority of normal members on LokiTorrent or EliteTorrents.[citation needed]

[edit] Events leading to the takedown

EliteTorrents was singled out among the large number of Bittorrent sites because EliteTorrents released a Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith workprint approximately six hours prior to the movie's theatrical release. This attracted the attention of the MPAA, which monitors BitTorrent sites. The MPAA began collecting information and pressuring the Federal Bureau of Investigation to take some form of action.

In addition to the Star Wars workprint, the owner of the EliteTorrents domain name lived in the United States, which made the site an easier target for US authorities. However, the site's server was located in the Netherlands, and the other BitTorrent trackers located on that server continued to operate.

When the site was first taken down, people who tried to access it were confronted by a notice, apparently created in Microsoft Word, which led the owners to announce that the site had been a victim of a DDoS attack or some other type of hoax. However, in the early hours of May 25, the United States Department of Justice and FBI announced that they had taken down the website.
    I remember this now.
    Please do not randomly PM asking for invites as I have none to give out. Have a nice day.

7. BitTorrent   -   #47
    BANNED BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    if you join TL the right way by getting to know members of the site and being given an invite i think we are a all round good site
    pre times are ok we get alot of content and we try to keep a relaxed manner towards members

but if you trade or do something else that breaks one of our main rules you end up with my foot up your ass

instead of begging for invites on sites like fst ect it is better that you come on to are irc network and get to know members never ask for invites just spend abit of time getting to know ppl and someone will invite you

i think most members here will agree i deal with any member fairly all i ask for in return is members to be honest and join our site the right way

8. BitTorrent   -   #48
    BANNED BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    actually, i was in the irc yesterday, yeah it is definitely good place, but people talk to you for 15 minutes or so, then topic comes to invites and this definitely sucks My advice as a user on tl, at least spend a week or so with a member there, then ask for an invite, the more you rush, the more it gets annoying... at least my opinion

9. BitTorrent   -   #49
    deadalive1's Avatar VS ***** BT Rep: +2
    @ Kingrob your site is awesome.
    Please do not randomly PM asking for invites as I have none to give out. Have a nice day.

10. BitTorrent   -   #50
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    TL is a must to have

< I was member of EliteTorrents was like torrentbytes aka bits

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast