Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What.cd

Quote Originally Posted by Cradle View Post
    SCC is SceneAccess. That site isnt super rare and im relatively sure posting the name is in fact allowed. It is an excellent site for 0-day needs, the next best option from ScT (cant say the full name so dont ask) in terms of pre-times. The new archive section makes it alot easier to seed, now its a pretty good tracker.

I personally love what.cd. My favourite music tracker because of the setup. I dont really care much about the community, for me its all about content & speeds and in those two terms waffles and what are similar. Its the what.cd setup which trumps.

peace

thanks! but I still have to solve a problem.. i have no invites to trade (not a member to any private tracker)! so how can I break into the private tracker scene?

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by starless View Post
    thanks! but I still have to solve a problem.. i have no invites to trade (not a member to any private tracker)! so how can I break into the private tracker scene?
    -be active in the bittorrent section
    -join trackers with open sign ups and be active there as well
    -wait until you have access to the invite section, study it and find the right time for a request
    -do not trade
    -be patient

what invites are not hard to get. if you follow my advice you'll have one in a month or even earlier.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    I swear I've jumped on both sides of the what/waffles greatness argument so many times.

Over the last month, I've come to the conclusion that what>waffles for three reasons. One, the layout is better; discography, similar artists chart and different format views all rock. Two, what is much easier to seed at. I always have leechers on my torrents. At waffles, I rarely get any leechers despite having an almost equal number of torrents running. And three, with brokenstones gone, what is now the mac place of choice.

That said, almost every time I'm searching for a particular album from an obscure artist, it seems waffles always triumphs. That said, despite their similarities, I need both and can't separate.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    -wait until you have access to the invite section, study it and find the right time for a request
    -do not trade
    -be patient

what invites are not hard to get. if you follow my advice you'll have one in a month or even earlier.
    thank you! will follow your advice. Can anyone recommend some good open sing up trackers?

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post

-do not trade
    -be patient

thank you! will follow your advice. Can anyone recommend some good open sing up trackers?
    take a look at the stickies. there's a thread for tracker with open sign ups.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    He asked for sing ups, I'm all for a good sing up, where are we meeting??
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    remember that what.cd gives invites more or less away in irc: irc.what.cd #what.cd-invites

got invited today via irc idled for about 1,5h and then got interviewed. they asked a bunch of questions about mp3 transcoding and stuff.

now i'm at waffles and what.cd and i like them both! hard to say which one is "better"... what.cd seems to be unfamiliar for the first hours you are using it, cause it is based on gazelle.

i'm using softmp3, stmusic, waffles and what.cd. softmp3 is good for some stuff, not downloading much there... stmusic is better, cause its easy to maintain a good ratio and there are lots of uploads, but not comparable with the quality and quantity of waffles and what. if i got to pick one, i'd use waffles, but thats just my opinion, remember that i'm on what just since today. to put it in a nutshell waffles and what a pretty much on the same level.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    sovaz's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post
    What is quite a bit better than Waffles, in my opinion. But BTmusic is better than both.
    Reformulated to:
    What is quite a bit better than Btmusic, in my opinion. But Waffles is better than both.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    h1ronakamura's Avatar Yatta! BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by nrs View Post
    remember that what.cd gives invites more or less away in irc: irc.what.cd #what.cd-invites

got invited today via irc idled for about 1,5h and then got interviewed. they asked a bunch of questions about mp3 transcoding and stuff.

now i'm at waffles and what.cd and i like them both! hard to say which one is "better"... what.cd seems to be unfamiliar for the first hours you are using it, cause it is based on gazelle.

i'm using softmp3, stmusic, waffles and what.cd. softmp3 is good for some stuff, not downloading much there... stmusic is better, cause its easy to maintain a good ratio and there are lots of uploads, but not comparable with the quality and quantity of waffles and what. if i got to pick one, i'd use waffles, but thats just my opinion, remember that i'm on what just since today. to put it in a nutshell waffles and what a pretty much on the same level.
    i got to that irc channel but it seems like i'm the only person in the chat room maybe just unlucky

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    impossible
    server: irc.what.cd
    channel: #what.cd-invites
    there are always a couple of idlers (the admins, vips,... who give out invites)! be sure that you are good informed about transcoding. just browse and understand following wiki http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index....le=Transcoding remember that it may take quite a long time till you get interviewed and remember that the interview takes some time too
    Last edited by nrs; 07-07-2008 at 07:11 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast