Thread: apple software

im thinking of building my own pc and was thinking is it possable to put apple on instead of windows, what you think,Leecher

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    I haven't gotten around to doing it myself so I can't comment on its performance on x86 but here is a few links. The antec sonata case in the lifehacker site is definitely the one to get though.

Depending on performance i'd like to build a debian/xp/apple multiboot.

Lifehacker

osx86 project

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    kaffeine's Avatar No queda el tiempo
    I've only read about osx86 project. I don't know how functional that is, and I wouldn't recommend it (I've heard mixed results about that hacking). You should get a Mac if you want OS X to run properly.

If you're going to do it, I highly recommend you check the hw compatibility list before you start.
    Last edited by kaffeine; 07-07-2008 at 02:18 PM.
    This is just like that drug trip I saw in that movie while I was on that drug trip.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by leecher View Post
    im thinking of building my own pc and was thinking is it possable to put apple on instead of windows, what you think,Leecher
    i think you should ask that question in the pc section. a mac owner couldn't care less wether a hacked version of his os runs on a pc.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    its a damn shame that theres not a patch ready for use instead of these windows, software