Thread: Trading

SenorBubbz's Avatar /¨_¨°.-.§.-.°¨_¨\ BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    I think it should be against the rules for annoying little anti-traders to make pointless posts advising people to not trade.

It's useless and won't make them stop, if they are trading, they are obviously aware that it is frowned upon by some and yet they are doing it anyway, so just shut up. I don't care for your opinion on trading or not trading, and I'm sure no one else does either, so stop posting about it.

This is mostly a message to all annoying anti-traders and a request to mods to think over this proposal and have more severe punishment for unnecessary spam here in the Invites section.
    o hai

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #2
    slimdogp's Avatar Token White Kid BT Rep: +1
    Everyone should be able to say whatever they want. So if those posts annoy you, just ignore them

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #3
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    The message should be to posters to report the spammers, if posters leave their threads open for comments, (rather than closing their threads - which is why the option is available in this part of the forum) then any comment is a valid comment irrespective of whether you agree with the comment or not.
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #4
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Add them to your ignore list if you don't want to see their posts, or just don't read them. Every opinion is valid.
    Now go away.

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #5
    Ghostbusters's Avatar Ectoplasmic
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorBubbz View Post
    Sensible stuff
    I agree with you 100%

Quote Originally Posted by slimdogp View Post
    Everyone should be able to say whatever they want. So if those posts annoy you, just ignore them
    I'm not sure about that one, in my opinion annoying posts shouldn't be tolerated in any thread, your comment suggests this is acceptable, if you started a thread with a specific point or purpose and others added annoying posts at every turn effectively hijacking the thread I don't think you'd be too happy.

Of course everyone has there point of view and opinions on things and freedom of speech is a great thing but there's place to discuss and I don't think someone elses thread is the place to do it.
    Last edited by Ghostbusters; 07-08-2008 at 07:19 PM.

Baby On The Way OMFG !

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #6
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Seems to me that those comments have fallen way off in frequency lately anyway and the mods do a good job of controlling excessive spam so for God's sake don't do anything that might discourage people from posting.
    It's called File Sharing Talk after all.

Yeah I hate the idea of an ignore button too.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 07-08-2008 at 07:28 PM.

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #7
    ghurka's Avatar Welsh Bhoy BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorBubbz View Post
    I think it should be against the rules for annoying little anti-traders to make pointless posts advising people to not trade.

It's useless and won't make them stop, if they are trading, they are obviously aware that it is frowned upon by some and yet they are doing it anyway, so just shut up. I don't care for your opinion on trading or not trading, and I'm sure no one else does either, so stop posting about it.

This is mostly a message to all annoying anti-traders and a request to mods to think over this proposal and have more severe punishment for unnecessary spam here in the Invites section.
    But what you see as spam others may regard as useful posts. Spam to me is "good luck" "nice offer" etc.

It also depends what your definition of an anti-trader is. If it's simply someone posting to stop a trade knowing that the account is likely to be disabled then I would see that more as education.

There are a lot of members here that don't want to see other members screwed over and on the whole will give good advice. But it's only spam if it doesn't specifically relate to what the subject of that thread is about. Members are free to give their views even if that opposes the trade if it is put over in a rational and constructive manner.