Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trackers which carry v3 torrents

Ghostbusters's Avatar Ectoplasmic
    Quote Originally Posted by T.S.O.L. View Post
    don't listen to Ghostbusters, the average person can't tell the difference between a V5 and flac on a blindtest. v2 is great for most people
    I beg to differ even on low end audio equipment v2 sounds a little scratchy and rough around the edges trebles and high end drop offs are especialy distorted, on higher end components and interconnects the differences are magnified considerably.

v0 sounds much cleaner but can still sound a little lifeless on a good setup depending on the original recording levels of the album.

I would say the difference between v2 & v0 is similar to the difference between an xvid & an x264.

Can you tell that I'm a FLAC & DVD-R monster ?

***Edit***

*Apologies for dragging this way off topic*
    Last edited by Ghostbusters; 07-09-2008 at 10:11 PM.

Baby On The Way OMFG !

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by T.S.O.L. View Post
    don't listen to Ghostbusters, the average person can't tell the difference between a V5 and flac on a blindtest. v2 is great for most people
    Stop talking out of your ass. Just because you might not have a high end sound system, doesn't mean that others don't. You shouldn't tell a person not to listen to someone else's advice, just because you're obviously ignorant on the subject.

And yes, you most certainly can tell the difference between lossless and lossy on a good system. Now on an mp3 player...no. If you're listening on a good system, there's no reason not to go with the best format. If you're just stocking your mp3 player, then you should go with V0 or V2.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    How about we direct this guy over to hydrogenaudio forums, which specializes in audio and where actual audiophiles gather. Then they will give the OP the same answer I gave him. Don't fuckin accuse ME of talking out my ass when for all we know you're probably just another clueless torrenter who hopped on the flac bandwagon craze and now thinks everything but flac sounds like crap, when in reality the frequency spectrum difference from flac compared to v0 or v2 is ridiculously small, and is only cut off at the really low and high ends which we can't really hear anyways.

Ghostbuster and Funkin, the flac is probably having a placebo affect on you, and you saying v2 or v0 sounds 'distorted' or 'rough around the edges' holds no value unless you've done a properly set up blind test. I bet both you are too lazy to get one set up so we can't really argue about this. Anyways, the BTT section of FSt is no place to be having this discussion. http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Yeah...I'm the clueless one.

I was just trying to persuade you from acting like a douche everytime somebody brings up FLAC or V0. But I guess that's not going to happen. We get it. You like lower bitrate mp3's. But because of this, you shouldn't be mis-informing other users.

Well, I'm not going to keep going back and forth with you spouting insults like some teenager. You do enough of that around here for the both of us.
    Last edited by Funkin'; 07-10-2008 at 05:07 AM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post
    Yeah...I'm the clueless one.

I was just trying to persuade you from acting like a douche everytime somebody brings up FLAC or V0. But I guess that's not going to happen. We get it. You like lower bitrate mp3's. But because of this, you shouldn't be mis-informing other users.

Well, I'm not going to keep going back and forth with you spouting insults like some teenager. You do enough of that around here for the both of us.
    Your posts haven't informed anybody of anything except your opinion that music ripped in VBR is bad quality. I at least suggested that users do a blindtest and make up their own mind.
    Last edited by T.S.O.L.; 07-10-2008 at 07:10 AM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Ghostbusters's Avatar Ectoplasmic
    Ignorance is bliss...

Baby On The Way OMFG !

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    GOIN' MACH 5!!
    ABX anyone?

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    some people hear the difference, some don't. here you can see the difference:

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Maybe the record makers should start releasing the cds in 128, if the average person can tell the different.

U2VjdGlvbjQ3

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    GOIN' MACH 5!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    some people hear the difference, some don't. here you can see the difference:

<pics>
    because we listen to music with our eyes, right?

it's more like - some people know they hear the difference; some people think they hear the difference; some don't.
    Last edited by robotpirate; 07-10-2008 at 10:01 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast